Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressed Capital One LUV button...

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Re: Pressed Capital One LUV button...

I just asked for a CLI and got this response in my letter " A credit limit increase is currently not available upon request because Capital One is currently monitoring account activity at assigned credit limits" huh ??! Wth ???
Message 11 of 16
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

That stands for we really don't have a good reason at the moment so we will just feed you some dog poop lol 

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:
I just asked for a CLI and got this response in my letter " A credit limit increase is currently not available upon request because Capital One is currently monitoring account activity at assigned credit limits" huh ??! Wth ???

Sounds like they think the balances are too close to the account CLs. Do you have any balances on them?

I'm not sure but I think most banks don't like increasing CLs just because you're hitting the ceiling with escalating balances. Major purchases excepted sometimes.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, was denied some CO luv this past week. 

I wasn't terribly surprised, given that the card I was requesting it for was increased from $1,000 to $1,500 in January through the credit steps program (I didn't think to try to increase it *before* my credit steps were completed, as others have reportedly seen some success with.) 

So, back to the grind I go, and a retry in another few months once I've had this limit for 6.

Message 14 of 16
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Wanted to give you guys an update. Just logged into my account and noticed they bumped me to $6,000! So they gave me an increase of $3,700! I'll take it. Hopefully I can get them to convert to WMC now! 

Capital One has been nothing but good to me. This started out at $300 last March, went to $2,300 after I completed the credit steps in Semptember and now this. 

Message 15 of 16
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Means you aren't using your cards enough to warrant a CLI.

I've gotten the same message on my $4000 and $2750 CL cards.. .and they are right.. .because as of late I've used both for like $200 a month due to the fact I've been taking advantage of better rewards (5% Sallie Mae and Discover) with my better cards.

It would be nice but I can't really complain about not getting a CLI on a $4000 card when I've only used it for $200 a month.

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like they think the balances are too close to the account CLs. Do you have any balances on them?

I'm not sure but I think most banks don't like increasing CLs just because you're hitting the ceiling with escalating balances. Major purchases excepted sometimes.

It's the opposite actually.  CapOne loves usage.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.