cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price you pay for credit letter= approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Price you pay for credit letter= approval?

I applied for a credit card through my local credit union. I got the normal canned "Pending 7-10 day message." Figured declined and forgot about it. Today, 4 days later I get a letter in the mail that says "The price you pay for credit" Says they pulled Experian and was 687 according to them. It says nothing about the card being declined or approved. I did some searching and lots of people say they got this type of letter before a card in the mail but of course nothing about my local credit union in particular. Anyone have any insight?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Price you pay for credit letter= approval?

I’ve gotten those letters alongside approvals. They normally came bundled with the card or as part of the welcome materials with the card coming a few days later. 

I’m tentatively offering my congrats to you. 

Message 2 of 7
shoegal
Valued Contributor

For certain cards, sometimes I’ve received that letter first and a few days later the card.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, usually that letter comes before the card arrives. Fifth Third Bank does the same thing.
Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Alliant CU does this as well. Ive applied a few times for a CLI on my card with them, and will get an "instant" price you pay for credit, but has always been a decline.
Message 5 of 7
UpanotchJyg
Established Member

I see you posted this reply a year ago and i was just doin some research because i received this letter today......FROM FIFTH THIRD BANK.....😁😃after applying for a card about a week/week and a half ago. I've been in the credit repair game for about 3 yrs now. For **bleep**s and giggles I applied for a discover it pre-approval and I was pre-approved, so I went ahead and applied and was approved for 9k and couldn't believe it. I know it's only 9k, but hey, I FINALLY broke out of the subprime zone. About 3 weeks later i received a pre-approval LETTER from an ACTUAL BANK 5th/3rd, 🤔hmmmm, let me try this **bleep**s and giggles thing again. That Austin Powers thing helped me out the first time, what the hell. Now after reading what was said, in YOUR POST in particular, THAT put a smile on my face, at least a smirk😏😏😏. I know nothing's guaranteed.......but if I wind up getting denied... I will hunt you down... I will find out where you live, and stand outside of your front door in the morning, SUN BLAZING, with my back to the peephole ***MOANING IN SORROW AND PAIN*** so that you remember this FOREVER........dramatic much LMMFAO😂😂😂😂.......
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just doing some house cleaning and closing this thread as it is over a year old.  If you want to carry this conversation on please feel free to start a new thread.  Thanks.

FS

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.