cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof: Discover has tightened up CLI requirements.

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Proof: Discover has tightened up CLI requirements.

If Discover is giving me, literally POOR AJC, 5k increases, then you know THEY ARE TIGHTENING UPSmiley Wink
Message 141 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they just went Robin Hood on you Smiley Wink

Message 142 of 162
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

I recently applied for a CLI on my IT card and I was denied due to "status of previous account." I burned Discover in my CH 7 back in 2016. They let me back in Dec 18 with a $10k limit so I can't complain too much. 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 143 of 162
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@nykos5000 wrote:

I recently applied for a CLI on my IT card and I was denied due to "status of previous account." I burned Discover in my CH 7 back in 2016. They let me back in Dec 18 with a $10k limit so I can't complain too much. 

Yep, you were indeed blessed. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 144 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nykos5000 wrote:

Wow, that's a short memory at ~2 years and with a 5-figure limit to boot.

Message 145 of 162
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id say you cant complain AT ALLSmiley Wink. Most of us would trade in our grandma for a 10k Discover lol, and getting it out of the gate after burning them 2 years earlier is amazing and mind boggling at same timeSmiley Wink
Message 146 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still being denied for same reason not enough experience with current limit..
Only increase I've got was when my first card applied on 5/2018 was unsecured 12/2018 200-2000.
Both cards were approved almost exactly one year apart. I've had new card for four months now. Hopefully when they update my FICO score I will be approved. I have noticed a 3-4 soft pulls on Experian in last 45 days.
I'm actually shocked because I figured they would see my higher limit cards, and try and match them but maybe it worked out the other way.. o well there loss. Putting $1000 in auto repairs on my amex bbp instead since limit is 6k. The 2x MR'S are more lucrative than the 2% cb for me. C'mon Disco I really am sick of these twin 2000 limits lol.
Message 147 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id say you cant complain AT ALLSmiley Wink. Most of us would trade in our grandma for a 10k Discover lol, and getting it out of the gate after burning them 2 years earlier is amazing and mind boggling at same timeSmiley Wink

+1
Message 148 of 162
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is what I was hopeful for, and I still think it will or should be the case. The thing is last year I didn't have any higher limit cards,(most 500 limits) and Disco was the first besides my Dcu visa 3k to give a decent limit. Now they have fallen behind and hope they attempt to take my #1 spot. I'm thinking they are going to give me a nice cli when they do. I've opened up 3 cards since May including 2nd disco so maybe they want to see me handle that new credit. O ya bipolar disco no rhyme or reason. The day after I got my Citi rewards with more than double the limit of Discover I noticed a disco sp the next day so I know they at least looked at my report since it hit. We will see.

Hmmmm. That SP may have been to see how much new credit you are getting in a short period of time, which is a no-no. You may want to think about slowing down to one CC every 6-12 months. JMO

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 149 of 162
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I shudder to think how many times Disco has sp'd meSmiley Wink YikesSmiley Happy
Message 150 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.