cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof: Discover has tightened up CLI requirements.

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Proof: Discover has tightened up CLI requirements.

@nykos5000 wrote:

I recently applied for a CLI on my IT card and I was denied due to "status of previous account." I burned Discover in my CH 7 back in 2016. They let me back in Dec 18 with a $10k limit so I can't complain too much. 

DW burned them in 2014 for $1.4k, prequal actually states previous account as reason for no prequal.  I guess their memory varies.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 151 of 162
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just wanted share an very interesting dp for me personally. I have had 2 disco cards currently one at the moment...Disco Miles. Closed my IT card last year and combo’ed it into the miles for a $11,600 limit at that time this was around April 2018. Current limit is $13,000 so as you can see not much disco luv for me over that time frame😒 Any cli I would get would net me no more than $300-500 at a time which I fully accepted. Last increase was $500 then dd up to $1,000. 

So tonight was very interesting as I had mashed the buttton just a couple days ago and was offered “ nada”. Hit the button tonight and was offered $1,000!! 🥳😀. This is absolutely the most I have been offered on a disco cli attempt. So it should have been a no brainer to except it and be grateful while moving forward Right??.... Nope!... Declined the offer and will try and take a page from BBS and come back to the table later on to see if I can yield a much higher offer. 😎 

Question for those who have also tried this method. How long to you wait to make another request?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 152 of 162
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Just wanted share an very interesting dp for me personally. I have had 2 disco cards currently one at the moment...Disco Miles. Closed my IT card last year and combo’ed it into the miles for a $11,600 limit at that time this was around April 2018. Current limit is $13,000 so as you can see not much disco luv for me over that time frame😒 Any cli I would get would net me no more than $300-500 at a time which I fully accepted. Last increase was $500 then dd up to $1,000. 

So tonight was very interesting as I had mashed the buttton just a couple days ago and was offered “ nada”. Hit the button tonight and was offered $1,000!! 🥳😀. This is absolutely the most I have been offered on a disco cli attempt. So it should have been a no brainer to except it and be grateful while moving forward Right??.... Nope!... Declined the offer and will try and take a page from BBS and come back to the table later on to see if I can yield a much higher offer. 😎 

Question for those who have also tried this method. How long to you wait to make another request?

I declined a $700 CLI on June 2 and requested another one again on Aug 3 and was instantly approved for a $3K CLI.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 153 of 162
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, declining luv from Miss DiscoSmiley Sad. #SadAJC panda🐼 🤨
Message 154 of 162
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

I declined a $700 CLI on June 2 and requested another one again on Aug 3 and was instantly approved for a $3K CLI.

Thats certainly a nice increase from just hlding out abit longer. think I will give it a couple months and try again as I am in no hurry.Smiley Happy

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 155 of 162
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, declining luv from Miss DiscoSmiley Sad. #SadAJC panda🐼 🤨

Lol! IKR AJC! You have had a pretty good run lately. Kicking those ALC specials straight to the curb!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 156 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Thats certainly a nice increase from just hlding out abit longer. think I will give it a couple months and try again as I am in no hurry.Smiley Happy

No harm in trying again often.  I did weekly for example and every time I saw that $500 offer still sitting there I just declined it.  You can wait a couple of months if you'd like, but without trying (checking, really) often the greater increase may be on the table far sooner and you just wouldn't be aware.

In your earlier post where you said that you tried for a CLI one day and then a few days later tried and were offered $1000, was there any discernable threshold(s) crossed over that span of a few days?  I'm talking things like the 1st of the month, your statement closing date, a large payment made, etc?

Message 157 of 162
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

So true @brutalbodyshots, that could very well be the case. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.” Nothing ventured, nothing gained” as they say! Funny thing is I was trying to find that exact thread regarding your experience and couldn’t find it. 😀😀 So this information just confirms it. Good stuff, so I’m going to be smashing quite often now.😎

Message 158 of 162
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@CreditInspired, not fair!,   ..you got $500 more than meSmiley Indifferent

Message 159 of 162
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@CreditInspired, not fair!,   ..you got $500 more than meSmiley Indifferent

😂🤣😆

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 160 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.