Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q For those who have been DECLINED by PenFed

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Q For those who have been DECLINED by PenFed

I started off rough with them and now they treat me great!

(and my scores are actually lower now)

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 18
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

It took me 4-6 months maybe #1 reason for declines was for # of inq's and new accounts. First card was approved at 15k and another about 2 months later at 25k. Both new accounts and inq's went up prior to getting each card. It is my understanding that penfed likes high scores and income...I have a FICO9 over 800 and my income is decent enough I suppose.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 12 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck on getting approved with Penfed

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 18
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined PenFed in March '19 and was denied for the Pathfinder card. Also denied on recon.

I have never received a mailer or email for one of their cards, nor have I received any offers in my account.

I have not applied again, but have been thinking of going for the Power Cash Rewards since I don't have a 2% card yet. But may not apply since I don't take rejection well 😂

@Anonymous  you should look into the PPMC its a really good card, not as hard to obtain , and no hoops to jump throughSmiley Happy

Not seeing them via search @AverageJoesCredit , do you have a link?

Potential Future Cards
Message 14 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined PenFed in March '19 and was denied for the Pathfinder card. Also denied on recon.

I have never received a mailer or email for one of their cards, nor have I received any offers in my account.

I have not applied again, but have been thinking of going for the Power Cash Rewards since I don't have a 2% card yet. But may not apply since I don't take rejection well 😂

@Anonymous  you should look into the PPMC its a really good card, not as hard to obtain , and no hoops to jump throughSmiley Happy

Sorry, are you referring to finding the PayPay Mastercard?  I kinda suck at links lolSmiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

SYN/PPMC is the Paypal Cashback Mastercard.   If you have a PayPal account you can log in and then apply, if not you will need to create one first.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 18
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, are you referring to finding the PayPay Mastercard?  I kinda suck at links lolSmiley Wink

Haha I thought it was a credit union! Smiley LOL Don't mind me @coldfusion 

Potential Future Cards
Message 17 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha I thought it was a credit union! Smiley LOL Don't mind me @coldfusion 

I don't mind you haha.  Always enjoy reading your posts regardless.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.