cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about my unusual 5/24 status

tag
bearhawks1

Question about my unusual 5/24 status

Long story short coming up I am about to fall under 5/24 except one thing has me hung up trying to figure out if one of my accounts counts as two different ones. I got the Synchrony Walmart Card before it switched to Capital one. On my credit report is shows as the old account closed and a new one opened under Capital one but same opening date for both. Do you think since it's the same account just being sold to a new bank that it would count as 1 account in my 5/24, or would it count as two seperate accounts? 

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, thanks for any help if anyone has any info on this 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about my unusual 5/24 status

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think a computer will read it as 2 accounts which could result in an auto-decline but your odds of a successful recon (if that's the only reason for denial) would be very good as a human would be able to differentiate. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 3
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Question about my unusual 5/24 status

@thornback wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think a computer will read it as 2 accounts which could result in an auto-decline but your odds of a successful recon (if that's the only reason for denial) would be very good as a human would be able to differentiate. 

This is the most likely event that will happen. Chase computer will decline the app but speaking to recon they can see it wasn't a new account per say but just a transfer of the bank financially responsible for the credit card portfolio. With current FICO scores in your signatures and presuming no prior negative history with Chase you should be sitting good

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.