cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question is citi double cash giving cli's at this time.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Question is citi double cash giving cli's at this time.

Ok last time I requested a credit line increase on my Double cash Mastercard which 2 month ago I was denied for increase because I have to many enquiry and balance on other cards. I only have 2 enquiry at this time and showing total balances on all cards of 870 and fico scores over 800. The credit line on my mastercard is 15.6K just started using card again. Would like to know if any one got an increase in the last couple of weeks if so please give data points. Thanks.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Question is citi double cash giving cli's at this time.

Just because Citi gives a reason or reasons in the denial letter, it's not necessarily the reason for a denial.  People with scores in the 800s get denied around here for CLIs, myself included.  Just be patient and ask again later.

There are data points in the Credit Card Approvals subforum for recent Citi CLIs.

Message 2 of 39
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Couple of days ago I got cli for 2K on my propel creditcard from 18K to 20K, question is how long should I wate to try again with Citi.

Message 3 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I gotta ask... Why do you seek CLI's and are baffled by the reasons lender denying them?  I am trying to be nice, but at this point it is like beating a dead deadhorse.gif

Message 4 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

Couple of days ago I got cli for 2K on my propel creditcard from 18K to 20K, question is how long should I wate to try again with Citi.

They're two totally different lenders with their own UW criteria.  So WF may have said yes, but BoA said no, SYNCB said yes, Citi said no.  You can maybe try Discover?

As echoed above, Citi can allow (if approved) another CLI after 6 months, but there's no guarantee that it may approved.  You know this because this is typically how lenders work and it's all profile driven.  

Even during these economic times, I have received 2 SP CLIs.   So, Citi still gives, but I'm sure they've tightened their purse strings quite a bit.  I'd say try again in the next few months.

Message 5 of 39
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Even with very high scores, a lender may think you have sufficient credit for your income or spend.

That played a role in my recent application for a Barclays JetBlue card. The UW said my credit history was impressive, but that he could see I hadn't been using the $20k Arrival much (TTM spend ~$5). As a result, he was unwilling to extend further credit (but did offer to move $10k to create the new account).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 39
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Is this a credit board in which some ofo us just want to get lot of credit I see others on boards who have 500K or more with less then 5K of spend and no one is comming down on them. If I don't get the credit increase it is not end of world.

The Questions are some lenders now looking at your total credit lines not the amount of debt. As long you had low utilization and put some spend on the credit card account you would get an increase that looks like that is changing. This may not be what some want to hear on fico boards, it looks like some lenders are not using fico scores as much any more to make credit decisions as much some are using there own models and some newcomers are looking at your checking and saving activity. The banks are starting realize that some of there customers are gaming the system are biger risk then fico score indicates. I am intrest in having discussion on how different lenders are making credit granting decisions and which areeasier to get approved for credit line increases and which will grant and open new lines of credit this will help others.

Message 7 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

RuPaul.gif

Message 8 of 39
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

RuPaul.gif

I raise you 

aight-bro-im-62231f.jpg

Message 9 of 39
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

RuPaul.gif

potd.gif

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.