Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on US Alliance Preapproval

tag
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Question on US Alliance Preapproval

I know...I know.....I'm having such a hard time crawling back in the garden lol.

Couple questions on US Alliance Preapproval. I checked and was preapproved for all tehir lending products, although I'd only be interested in credit card. 

1) Main Concern: How reliable are the preapprovals before I take a Hard hit (assuming I will if I complete the App from the Preapproved Page

2) Do you have to already be a member to be approved following through on the Preapproved App

3) I've seen folks talking about docs request. I assuming that more to open the required member Acct that the card itself? What type of docs? Like just ID and maybe or maybe not Income info?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on US Alliance Preapproval

@bigseegar wrote:

I know...I know.....I'm having such a hard time crawling back in the garden lol.

Couple questions on US Alliance Preapproval. I checked and was preapproved for all tehir lending products, although I'd only be interested in credit card. 

1) Main Concern: How reliable are the preapprovals before I take a Hard hit (assuming I will if I complete the App from the Preapproved Page They are not 100% reliable. It will be a HP on EX if you decide to proceed/accept.

2) Do you have to already be a member to be approved following through on the Preapproved App Yes, you have to be a member.

3) I've seen folks talking about docs request. I assuming that more to open the required member Acct that the card itself? What type of docs? Like just ID and maybe or maybe not Income info?  They have been known to request POI (including conditional approvals, even if pre-approved) + other verification documents.

See above.

Message 2 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Their online preapproval tool is not particularly accurate. However, if you are preapproved and do not immediately follow up with an application and your profile piques their interest you may get a followup phone call within a couple of business days. 

They do sporadically mine existing members to extend solid preapprovals for their cards, which was how I got my card.       From memory I did not provide POI when I joined but they definitely did not request POI when I followed up with their preappoval. 

FYI they HP from Experian. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 4
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Thanks for the insight and input and answers. I think I might just pass right now. Don't really need the card anyway and I think I'd rather wait a few months and apply for a PenFed card anyway since I joined there last year. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.