girbabe
Established Member

Re: Quicksilver Visa Signature pending decision

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I wonder if it is your other 2 Cap 1 cards that are causing this... 

That would mean only one true Capital One credit card and the other would be a co branded Sony.  I can't believe that would have any bearing on the decision.  Would inquiries or new accounts be a factor?  Discover IT in January and Amex and BofA in August 2014.  I just figured that my scores would override anything else that might be negative.

Are you saying you have a true branded Cap1 and a sony card now?  If that is the case, then you should be ok applying for whatever one you did.  For whatever reason it went to review ver. instant approval it appears?

Yes.  A Capital One Platinum MC and a SonyCard Visa Signature, though I haven't used either one in about a year.  This is my first experience ever going to a manual review vs instant approval and I'm just stymied.

Have they pulled your credit report? I got denied a while back for having too many capital one products and they didn't pull my report.  It came back with the 7-10 day message when I applied and when I got the letter in the mail that was the reason they gave.

No report pulled so far.  But with only one true existing Capital One card, I don't know how they could deny my application for having too many. 

Fico Score: EQ=806/TU=798/EX=794 Back in the garden 11/1/2015

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

That would mean only one true Capital One credit card and the other would be a co branded Sony.  I can't believe that would have any bearing on the decision.  Would inquiries or new accounts be a factor?  Discover IT in January and Amex and BofA in August 2014.  I just figured that my scores would override anything else that might be negative.

Are you saying you have a true branded Cap1 and a sony card now?  If that is the case, then you should be ok applying for whatever one you did.  For whatever reason it went to review ver. instant approval it appears?

Yes.  A Capital One Platinum MC and a SonyCard Visa Signature, though I haven't used either one in about a year.  This is my first experience ever going to a manual review vs instant approval and I'm just stymied.

Have they pulled your credit report? I got denied a while back for having too many capital one products and they didn't pull my report.  It came back with the 7-10 day message when I applied and when I got the letter in the mail that was the reason they gave.

No report pulled so far.  But with only one true existing Capital One card, I don't know how they could deny my application for having too many. 

True, but Capital One can be finicky. Good luck.

Message 22 of 34
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I just noticed you have a Quicksilver card.  Was  your experience with the Capital One denial based on the fact that you already had one of their cards?

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 23 of 34
girbabe
Established Member

Today there is an inquiry for Equifax and TU.   It's been over 48 hours since I applied and they're just now making inquries??  I was also reading in a Fatwallet financial forum that Capital One has no limit on the number of cards  you can have with them according to someone who initiated a chat with one of the reps.  There was also some talk about how having a mortgage could be the difference between approval and denial.  Has anyone else found that to be true?

Message 24 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

First the Cap1 one CSR's don't know their head from their feet... So I put no faith on what they say, they are all over the board and absolutely are clueless.   I honestly have no clue what they hold-up was, but at least they pulled your credit now.  Regarding a mortgage, I suspect Cap1 can care less as they mainly serve the sub-prime market as a lender and I doubt that a mortgage would have any impact on getting approved for a CC with them.. Let us know how it turns out though since they finally pulled your credit.

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I just noticed you have a Quicksilver card.  Was  your experience with the Capital One denial based on the fact that you already had one of their cards?

At the time I had more than one card, but the Quicksilver was once a Quicksilver One. But the denial letter stated I had too many Capital One products.  It must be something different for you seeing that you now see that they pulled your credit.

Message 26 of 34
girbabe
Established Member

Holy Smoley!!!  Approved for $10,000!  I couldn't wait any longer and called for status.  Maybe I shouldn't question it but I sure would like to know what the hold up was.  And I'll even share some personal info with y'all which makes it even more phenomenal - I'm on a low fixed retirement income and I wouldn't loan myself $10k with 2 other recently opened accounts in my credit file.  I'm certainly happy about  the outcome but I sure don't understand how banks come up with their decisions.

Message 27 of 34
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I have 2 personal capital one and 2 business

and kohls

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girbabe wrote:

Holy Smoley!!!  Approved for $10,000!  I couldn't wait any longer and called for status.  Maybe I shouldn't question it but I sure would like to know what the hold up was.  And I'll even share some personal info with y'all which makes it even more phenomenal - I'm on a low fixed retirement income and I wouldn't loan myself $10k with 2 other recently opened accounts in my credit file.  I'm certainly happy about  the outcome but I sure don't understand how banks come up with their decisions.

Congratulations! At least you got something out of the run around. Now don't go spend it all in one place Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 34
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

Congratulations! At least you got something out of the run around. Now don't go spend it all in one place Smiley Wink

Thanks! I've been so full of anxiety the last 2 days, maybe I'll just frame the card. Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.