Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quorum FCU - bk friendly?

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Quorum FCU - bk friendly?

Anyone with a bankruptcy still reporting been approved for a card with this bank? I have a 4.5yr old bk so I'm cautious about applications, but this looks like a great card to have.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Quorum FCU - bk friendly?

I just looked through their card lineups and I don't see anything spectacular that you couldn't easily find elsewhere with a BK reporting. What do u find appealing with their card offerings?

Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

I just looked through their card lineups and I don't see anything spectacular that you couldn't easily find elsewhere with a BK reporting. What do u find appealing with their card offerings?

If I were a betting individual, the reason is likely what they saw in the Approvals section...high limit FOTM. Much like folks were drawn to the Dover FCU thread.

Message 3 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@CashBackQueen wrote:

Anyone with a bankruptcy still reporting been approved for a card with this bank? I have a 4.5yr old bk so I'm cautious about applications, but this looks like a great card to have.

@CashBackQueen I got ya answer for you. I called them and spoke to a loan officer. She stated their lending guideline as it relates to a bankruptcy, is 4-5 years post discharge with positive reestablished history. Hope that answers your question!

Message 4 of 9
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the DP @pip3man !  Me and my 3-yr-old DC are just going to sit by the sidelines and watch the fun Smiley LOL

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 5 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@sarux3 wrote:

Thanks for the DP @pip3man !  Me and my 3-yr-old DC are just going to sit by the sidelines and watch the fun Smiley LOL

@sarux3 lmfaoo you and I both will sit tight on the sidelines with our fresh BKs 😂😂😂. I'm 2 months shy of hitting the 2yrs DC mark so I'm right behind ya lol.

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@sarux3 wrote:

@sarux3 lmfaoo you and I both will sit tight on the sidelines with our fresh BKs 😂😂😂. I'm 2 months shy of hitting the 2yrs DC mark so I'm right behind ya lol.

Tragically the same here. Good part is that there ARE some CU's where their policy is much shorter and benefits those rebounding.

Message 7 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

It's a potentially high limit cash back card. Looking back, I thought it was a 2% card but I see that it's not.

Message 8 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@CashBackQueen wrote:

@CashBackQueen I got ya answer for you. I called them and spoke to a loan officer. She stated their lending guideline as it relates to a bankruptcy, is 4-5 years post discharge with positive reestablished history. Hope that answers your question!

Thanks. I could possibly be right at their rebuild requirement, but I'm not gonna press my luck. Maybe after a solid 5+ years.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.