Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rakuten Visa Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rakuten Visa Denial

Hello all,

I have been lurking recently and was wondering if anyone had ideas to why I was denied or can provide any tips?  I have contacted Synchrony Bank and escalated from customer service representatives to the account manager and nobody can comment on the denial process.

• Proportion of satisfactory trades too low <--- can't seem to find anything on this.
  • Invalid phone number of applicant <--- have used the same number for years, but I am not the account holder.
  • Not enough mortgage experience <---  cannot afford a house yet
  • Not enough credit experience
    • Wells Fargo Platinum Card - 08/2013 - $2800 Limit
    • Chase Freedom Unlimited Card - 04/2016 - $5000 Limit
    • Amazon.com Credit - 11/2016 - $1024 Limit
    • Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card - 05/2018 - $12000 Limit
    • Paypal Bill Me Later - 07/2018 - $4000 Limit
    • American Express Platinum - 01/2020
    • American Express Gold - 01/2020

My credit score from a range of 001 to a high of 999 was 775.

Noticed a hard pull on Creditkarma for Transunion (794 and 5 point drop) and on the e-letter was Sagestream, LLC.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rakuten Visa Denial

Believe this is a synchrony financial card I am not sure of the score they used there being up to 999 but has to be vantage form the mortgage info.
Message 2 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Believe this is a synchrony financial card I am not sure of the score they used there being up to 999 but has to be vantage form the mortgage info.

Just for clarification, the Rakuten Visa is not a SYNCB Financial/Financing product, it was formerly known as EBates before the rebranding.

ETA - it is issued by SYNCB (not SYF). 

Message 3 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I have been lurking recently and was wondering if anyone had ideas to why I was denied or can provide any tips?  I have contacted Synchrony Bank and escalated from customer service representatives to the account manager and nobody can comment on the denial process.

• Proportion of satisfactory trades too low <--- can't seem to find anything on this.  
  • Invalid phone number of applicant <--- have used the same number for years, but I am not the account holder.
  • Not enough mortgage experience <---  cannot afford a house yet
  • Not enough credit experience
    • Wells Fargo Platinum Card - 08/2013 - $2800 Limit
    • Chase Freedom Unlimited Card - 04/2016 - $5000 Limit
    • Amazon.com Credit - 11/2016 - $1024 Limit
    • Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card - 05/2018 - $12000 Limit
    • Paypal Bill Me Later - 07/2018 - $4000 Limit
    • American Express Platinum - 01/2020
    • American Express Gold - 01/2020

My credit score from a range of 001 to a high of 999 was 775.

Noticed a hard pull on Creditkarma for Transunion (794 and 5 point drop) and on the e-letter was Sagestream, LLC.

Thank you!

Do you typically revolve any balances or PIF before the statement cuts?  What is your current utilization?  Are you using all of your CCs or only a few of them? 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just for clarification, the Rakuten Visa is not a SYNCB Financial/Financing product, it was formerly known as EBates before the rebranding.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but this IS a SYNCB product. From the Application: 

The Rakuten Cash Back Visa Platinum Card and Rakuten Cash Back Visa Signature Card are issued by Synchrony Bank ("SYNCB") and are not an obligation of Rakuten Inc.

Message 5 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but this IS a SYNCB product. From the Application: 

The Rakuten Cash Back Visa Platinum Card and Rakuten Cash Back Visa Signature Card are issued by Synchrony Bank ("SYNCB") and are not an obligation of Rakuten Inc.

Sync has more than one branch. Same as Citi. Sync bank is not synchrony financial

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have this card. It is issued by Synchrony.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wasn’t aware there was a real difference between the 2... it’s like the 2 different commenitys I supposed would assume underwriting is nearly identical. Could be wrong.
Message 8 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sync has more than one branch. Same as Citi. Sync bank is not synchrony financial

Correct.  Synchrony Bank has a separate division (aka Synchrony Financial or SYF) where some specific products are issued.  Those types of products include financing for specific retailers in floor furnishings, jewelry, home improvement, auto parts and services, etc.  SYNCB as commonly known here is the issuer of CCs like PayPal/eBay MC, JCPenney, Sam's Club, etc. 

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarification finstar, I’m curious to know what scoring model he’s referring to anyone know that?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.