Rakuten Visa Denial

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rakuten Visa Denial

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Believe this is a synchrony financial card I am not sure of the score they used there being up to 999 but has to be vantage form the mortgage info.

Just for clarification, the Rakuten Visa is not a SYNCB Financial/Financing product, it was formerly known as EBates before the rebranding.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but this IS a SYNCB product. From the Application: 

The Rakuten Cash Back Visa Platinum Card and Rakuten Cash Back Visa Signature Card are issued by Synchrony Bank ("SYNCB") and are not an obligation of Rakuten Inc.

Notice -->  Synchrony Bank (SYNCB), not Synchrony Financial (SYF). 

Message 11 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Believe this is a synchrony financial card I am not sure of the score they used there being up to 999 but has to be vantage form the mortgage info.

Just for clarification, the Rakuten Visa is not a SYNCB Financial/Financing product, it was formerly known as EBates before the rebranding.

Edited for Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really thought it was Sync?  " The Rakuten Cash Back Visa® Card is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license from Visa USA Inc."

https://www.synchronycredit.com/eSecurity/Login/login.action?clientId=ebates&accountType=dualcard&langId=en

See above replies @M_Smart007 

Message 13 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar   As you well know, I am often wrongSmiley Tongue especially when tiredSmiley Sad

My apologies.

Message 14 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@FinStar   As you well know, I am often wrongSmiley Tongue especially when tiredSmiley Sad

My apologies.

No worries @M_Smart007.  It wasn't about being wrong at all! 😁

Just like @Brian_Earl_Spilner mentioned upthread, there's a difference in UW by both divisions and scores they use/provide.  The point of clarification was so that the OP could obtain more insight on the reasons they received from SYNCB based on the score provided. 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mostly used the Fidelity Visa and am aiming to use the AMEX more.  In the past, I have always PIF before the Statement cuts.  Usually under 1% utilization, should I not do that and let it post?

Message 16 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I mostly used the Fidelity Visa and am aiming to use the AMEX more.  In the past, I have always PIF before the Statement cuts.  Usually under 1% utilization, should I not do that and let it post?

Thanks for the data points @Anonymous.  So, are you using the AZEO method or not even using your other cards at all?

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar No problem, was barely using any of the other cards except billmelater had a small utilization of $236/4000.  Not sure if that hurt me..

Message 18 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous the score being cited is their Sagestream Optics score. They're a smaller bureau that also gathers data for resale. They're not liked very much. Many banks and credit unions will pull multiple bureaus. For example, a lender may pull FICO because it's what their underwriting is based on, VantageScore for the trended data, and Sagestream to look at utility (rent, utilities, cell phones) payment history. They can then approve or deny based on any of them.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update, applied and got approved after a 30 day wait.  Froze one of the smaller bureaus.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.