Did you mean: 

Rakuten Visa Denial

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: Rakuten Visa Denial

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I have been lurking recently and was wondering if anyone had ideas to why I was denied or can provide any tips?  I have contacted Synchrony Bank and escalated from customer service representatives to the account manager and nobody can comment on the denial process.

• Proportion of satisfactory trades too low <--- can't seem to find anything on this.
  • Invalid phone number of applicant <--- have used the same number for years, but I am not the account holder.
  • Not enough mortgage experience <---  cannot afford a house yet
  • Not enough credit experience
    • Wells Fargo Platinum Card - 08/2013 - $2800 Limit
    • Chase Freedom Unlimited Card - 04/2016 - $5000 Limit
    • Amazon.com Credit - 11/2016 - $1024 Limit
    • Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card - 05/2018 - $12000 Limit
    • Paypal Bill Me Later - 07/2018 - $4000 Limit
    • American Express Platinum - 01/2020
    • American Express Gold - 01/2020

My credit score from a range of 001 to a high of 999 was 775.

Noticed a hard pull on Creditkarma for Transunion (794 and 5 point drop) and on the e-letter was Sagestream, LLC.

Thank you!

I think the issue is not with TransUnion, but rather with Sagestream. They are a smaller credit scoring system that works more behind the scenes. I've seen them many times on here coming up with the reasons for the denial where the major groups say otherwise.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

I think the issue is not with TransUnion, but rather with Sagestream. They are a smaller credit scoring system that works more behind the scenes. I've seen them many times on here coming up with the reasons for the denial where the major groups say otherwise.

On one of my numerous Apple Card denials (AKA, my free monthly FICO9 score from Transunion) they gave me a Sagestream reason of having had a bank account closed. I've only had two US bank accounts in my life and they're both still open.

Message 22 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Anonymous and thanks again for providing an update on your application/DPs.  Congrats on eventually getting approved and enjoy the new card.

Locking this thread as you have been approved.  Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so. 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.