Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rakuten Visa denial

tag
Aloha808
Contributor

Rakuten Visa denial

Any rakuten/synchrony knowledgeable folks out there? Need help fixing a rakuten visa denial. Well i had Froze TU and EX cuz i saw a DP somewhere of someone getting approved when they froze those and they said synchrony pulled EQ instead. So I did that and synchrony tried TU and EX and both blocked as expected but synchrony never pulled EQ. Then i unfroze EX and called synchrony, and they wouldn't tell me why i was denied, but they said they would try again if i unfroze EX. Boom this time HP EX (still nothing on EQ) and still denied, this time for too many new accounts or applications for credit.... but that's BS cuz no new accounts since July 2018 and only 3 HPs in 12 mos. To top it off i was pre-approved (email).

If it's any help to anyone else, don't call synchrony bank directly (waste of time, they'll just transfer you to the store charge cards dept). Call rakuten visa directly at 855-697-4740 or 855-697-4555.
Active: Retired:
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Rakuten Visa denial

Synchrony never pulls EQ that I have seen.

They won’t recon either .
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Ya, I have never had Sync pull EQ.

Message 3 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your denial OP.

By the way I don’t think the policy here allows us to talk about freezing certain CR/s to force lenders to pull our preferred one. A Mod may chime in to clarify this

Best of Luck!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Aloha808, unfortunately there's nothing that can be 'fixed' with the application denial as any system-declined decision cannot be overturned.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to provide a myFICO TOS reminder that it is against forum rules to discuss freezing one or two of your credit reports to force a potential creditor to pull a different one than they normally do. Thank you for understanding and cooperation. 

Message 5 of 12
Aloha808
Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Aloha808, unfortunately there's nothing that can be 'fixed' with the application denial as any system-declined decision cannot be overturned.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to provide a myFICO TOS reminder that it is against forum rules to discuss freezing one or two of your credit reports to force a potential creditor to pull a different one than they normally do. Thank you for understanding and cooperation. 

Thank you, sorry about that. 

Message 6 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

45+ open accounts.  Time to slow down.  Sorry OP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 12
Aloha808
Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

45+ open accounts.  Time to slow down.  Sorry OP

No worries lol, actually only 28.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experiance CSR do not actually know why you were declined. The best ones tell you they cannot say and wait for the letter.

I got the Rakuten card last year with a score barely over 700 (might not have actually hit 700 yet 695-ish iirc). Low limit of 2K. No movement even though Synchrony has given me more V/MC since then with much higher limits.

At the time I had not opened a new account in 5 months but had 4-5 new accounts in 12 months.

Message 9 of 12
Aloha808
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my experiance CSR do not actually know why you were declined. The best ones tell you they cannot say and wait for the letter.

I got the Rakuten card last year with a score barely over 700 (might not have actually hit 700 yet 695-ish iirc). Low limit of 2K. No movement even though Synchrony has given me more V/MC since then with much higher limits.

At the time I had not opened a new account in 5 months but had 4-5 new accounts in 12 months.

Thank you, Good info! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.