Did you mean: 

Rakuten Visa denial

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rakuten Visa denial

@Aloha808 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In my experiance CSR do not actually know why you were declined. The best ones tell you they cannot say and wait for the letter.

I got the Rakuten card last year with a score barely over 700 (might not have actually hit 700 yet 695-ish iirc). Low limit of 2K. No movement even though Synchrony has given me more V/MC since then with much higher limits.

At the time I had not opened a new account in 5 months but had 4-5 new accounts in 12 months.

Thank you, Good info! 

My recommendation, if I may, next time you receive a pre-approved offer from them just thaw things out.  It's fairly possible you would've been approved had you left everything open.  Keep in mind that they had already performed a PRM (SP) inquiry for the offer on TU so you would've likely been ok. 

Message 11 of 12
Aloha808
Contributor

Re: Rakuten Visa denial

@FinStar wrote:

@Aloha808 

My recommendation, if I may, next time you receive a pre-approved offer from them just thaw things out.  It's fairly possible you would've been approved had you left everything open.  Keep in mind that they had already performed a PRM (SP) inquiry for the offer on TU so you would've likely been ok. 

Thanks, yeah I totally agree, I think that was the biggest factor. 

Active: Retired:
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.