cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cap One acct combination. To do or not to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, to make a long story short, an MTV Visa became a Journey Visa, then a QS VS. Through folding a Platinum MC, a QS1 MC (Formerly HSBC) and a Venture One into it, I have a $21k limit on that card. I also have a Venture with a $20k limit, opened back in 3/15, I believe. I have a small balance to pay off and am considering folding the Venture into the QS VS and have one card with a $41k limit. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the Venture is a more prestigious card, but other than that, I don't see a reason not to do it. The QS has no AF and it's interest rate is 2 pts. lower than the Venture.Also the QS reports back to 2012. What say you?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, to make a long story short, an MTV Visa became a Journey Visa, then a QS VS. Through folding a Platinum MC, a QS1 MC (Formerly HSBC) and a Venture One into it, I have a $21k limit on that card. I also have a Venture with a $20k limit, opened back in 3/15, I believe. I have a small balance to pay off and am considering folding the Venture into the QS VS and have one card with a $41k limit. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the Venture is a more prestigious card, but other than that, I don't see a reason not to do it. The QS has no AF and it's interest rate is 2 pts. lower than the Venture.Also the QS reports back to 2012. What say you?

If you want the larger limit, then go for it.  The QS will still be on your reports for another 10 years so its not going to affect your AAoA anytime soon.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dog gone it, I meant to post this in credit cards.

The QS would be the one that would remain open and continue to be used, and it's the oldest. I just realized that I have an 18 mo BT offer sitting in the Venture, for 0% and a 2% fee, while the QS has a BT offer for 12 mos, 3% fee. Maybe I don't want to lose that option and should wait and see if the QS gets the same offer.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.