Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready for App Spree, but...

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Ready for App Spree, but...

I am ready to pull the trigger on a few cards. 

I am going to do:

1) Penfed,

2) Amazon store Card (synchrony), they offer $50 if approved before tomorrow.

3) Amex BCE

Not sure if I should apply for Penfed first and Amazon synchrony second. Which is more sensitive to inquiries ? Also worried about all the frozen accounts with sync and that they might have tighten their approval qualifications now. 

Suggestions on odere of application and other cards I should consider are welcomed. Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ready for App Spree, but...

Forgot to ask. 

I have a Wells Fargo and I know they do a soft pull and that it may be on Experian. Will AMEX consider the soft pull when I apply for the BCE AMEx card? 

Or am I ok with requesting a CLI with Wells fargo before I apply with AMEX?

Thanks

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because your spree only involves three cards I don't think it's going to matter what order yo apply.  Nonetheless I would start with the one that you want the most and go from there.

Amex won't care about the SP from Wells Fargo

Message 3 of 13
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

thank you Irish. Do you have any other cards I should consider for the spree? I probably should try more than 3 cards since I haven't done any apps for over 12 months. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Superduper2014 wrote:

thank you Irish. Do you have any other cards I should consider for the spree? I probably should try more than 3 cards since I haven't done any apps for over 12 months. 

First I wouldnt go crazy.  Three cards is fine but if you start to add much more you risk drawing the attention of existing creditors.  Second, it is very hard to recomend credit cards without knowing more about your spending habits and what you're looking to accomplish with a new card. 

Message 5 of 13
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

You are right. I am actually baffled by reading people applying for 7+ cards or even more, so I thought I might just do at least 4 if I have a good chance only. 

I am mainly interested in getting in the door with available credit from several creditors.

I have slowly rebuilt and only have a Cap one at 7500 and a Wells fargo with 900. 

I use them and pay them off completely. Not interested in carrying a balance and paying 23% apr. 

Since my equifax is at just above 700 and my TU and Exp are in the 650s I was looking to take advantage of EQ (hopefully prime cards) and other cards that are easier to get with 650 scores with TU and EXp. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

(oh, I mainly shop at amazon, ebay)

Message 6 of 13
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Superduper2014 wrote:

Are you sure about that?? I think that offer is for the Rewards Visa, which is through Chase??

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 13
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@MrsCHX wrote:

@Superduper2014 wrote:

Are you sure about that?? I think that offer is for the Rewards Visa, which is through Chase??

Yes. You have to be a prime subscriber for you to get the $50 on the cards store though. 

Since I am not the primary account holder I would not get the 5% cash back or the $50, so I am looking into the Chase Amazon card for 3% cash back, do you know what bureau they pull?

Message 8 of 13
Samac
Regular Contributor

The Amazon prime card synchrony bank offer is $50 today only for prime day. So if you want that get it now.
Message 9 of 13
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Superduper2014 wrote:

@MrsCHX wrote:

@Superduper2014 wrote:

Yes. You have to be a prime subscriber for you to get the $50 on the cards store though. 

Since I am not the primary account holder I would not get the 5% cash back or the $50, so I am looking into the Chase Amazon card for 3% cash back, do you know what bureau they pull?

Interesting!  

I think EX or TU but can't be certain. I'm sure there's some info here in the forums though.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.