Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently denied citi premier

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Recently denied citi premier

As the title states I was denied and I even had the nerve to try a recon. The lady I spoke with was very pleasant and said my score was great but I had way too many inq's especially in the last 2 years. A lot of them in the last 2 years are from my truck shopping but either way I do have quite a few inq's.

She did tell me to try again in 3 months but I'm thinking 6 minimum and 10 would possibly yeild an approval if I try again before a year. Any better ideas?

Denial letterDenial letter

Newest accounts (under 2 years)Newest accounts (under 2 years)

2 year inq list2 year inq list

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
15 REPLIES 15
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Recently denied citi premier

@addicted_to_credit 

I'm sorry about your decline but thank you for the "To do" list.   Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think Citi wants you to be 0 inqs for past 6 months

12 months garden would be good

Message 3 of 16
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Think Citi wants you to be 0 inqs for past 6 months

12 months garden would be good

Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards, I'd like to be well under 5/24 because chase has a  Marriott card I've been eyeing for a while and of course the premier is on radar. 

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

As the title states I was denied and I even had the nerve to try a recon. The lady I spoke with was very pleasant and said my score was great but I had way too many inq's especially in the last 2 years. A lot of them in the last 2 years are from my truck shopping but either way I do have quite a few inq's.

She did tell me to try again in 3 months but I'm thinking 6 minimum and 10 would possibly yeild an approval if I try again before a year. Any better ideas?

Sorry to read. This is one reason why i think scores dont really matter and are overrated. Without really good income or as in this case where a lender will look at reasons like credit  seeking to decide ones fate instead of  seeing them as a good risk by score,  sometimes its a crapshootSmiley Sad

Message 5 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@addicted_to_credit, Sorry for your Citi Premier denial, Welcome to The Gardenwavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

Additional Citi DP's (Thanks to @Anonymous Smiley Happy)

Citi has a 6/6 rule for inquiries - no more than 6 in 6 months. Citi has a no more than 1 Citi cards will be approved in 8 days and a no more than 2 in 65 rule too.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@addicted_to_credit, Sorry for your Citi Premier denial, Welcome to The Gardenwavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

Additional Citi DP's (Thanks to @Anonymous Smiley Happy)

Citi has a 6/6 rule for inquiries - no more than 6 in 6 months. Citi has a no more than 1 Citi cards will be approved in 8 days and a no more than 2 in 65 rule too.

Yep, looks like it was the 6/6 rule applied here. The agent's 3 month suggestion would definitely clear up the 6/6. 

I see this is just the EX INQs. Citi is known to double pull so you might want to make sure each bureau is under 6/6. 

Message 7 of 16
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous The only HP hit I've taken on EQ with citi is for the retail side - the Home Depot and tractor supply cards. They've only pulled exp as far as what I'm currently wanting. There could be SP's I suppose.... I've combed over the other two and saw nothing.

Message 8 of 16
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Sorry to read. This is one reason why i think scores dont really matter and are overrated. Without really good income or as in this case where a lender will look at reasons like credit  seeking to decide ones fate instead of  seeing them as a good risk by score,  sometimes its a crapshootSmiley Sad

@AverageJoesCredit i think scores are a starting point, there's a broader spectrum that banks look at especially nowadays.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The only HP hit I've taken on EQ with citi is for the retail side - the Home Depot and tractor supply cards. They've only pulled exp as far as what I'm currently wanting. There could be SP's I suppose.... I've combed over the other two and saw nothing.

Citi majors often involve a double pull but not always. There's no way to tell until you apply. The two times I was denied, they double pulled me, TU and EX. The third time I was approved with just a TU pull. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.