Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Citi CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon Citi CLI

I just received the new ThankYou card, with a moderately low limit compared to my other cards. They double pulled EQ and EX, but in the welcome materials just cite my much lower EQ score. Since I was approved (as in the past week), a major negative dropped off my EQ report and it went up 40 points (that item wasn't on the EX.) Should I call and recon the limit? It says online it will be a hard pull--should I expect both EQ and EX to be pulled again? Chance of success?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon Citi CLI

Save yourself some time and just CLI it when you get the card.  First CLI will be a SP and 2nd would be a HP and should result in a significantly higher CL.  Now, keep in mind Citi is known to be stingy so, significant with them could be 5K+ CLI.

Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You'd incur an additional HP to have the CL reconsidered OP. Unfortunately, Citi will not repurpose any of the HPs from your initial application.

Best case scenario is let your card age and see whether it qualifies for a SP CLI in the next several months.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Save yourself some time and just CLI it when you get the card.  First CLI will be a SP and 2nd would be a HP and should result in a significantly higher CL.  Now, keep in mind Citi is known to be stingy so, significant with them could be 5K+ CLI.

Interesting...how do you know First CLI will be a SP? I asked citi for a CLI on my new DC and they said it would be a hard and it did turn out to be a HP because the CLI request got denied as my reports were locked.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting...how do you know First CLI will be a SP? I asked citi for a CLI on my new DC and they said it would be a hard and it did turn out to be a HP because the CLI request got denied as my reports were locked.

Ok, well first off you can't get a SP if your reports are locked.  2nd the verbiage should be SP on the first attempt with Citi and change to the 3 box format where they're asking income, housing, and the limit you want.  

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, well first off you can't get a SP if your reports are locked. 

Haven' t heard this one before. Why not?

2nd the verbiage should be SP on the first attempt with Citi and change to the 3 box format where they're asking income, housing, and the limit you want.

Are you talking about the online CLI form? That one wont even come up for me.

Message 6 of 9
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

They can't pull your reports for SP if they're locked. You gotta let em peek so they can make a decision.

The CLI form is always there. Open the Citi mobile app, click your Credit Card. At the top you'll see a partially visible image of the card with the words 'expand'. Click that, there'll be a request CLI option. If it says 'we will need to pull a report'; that's HP. If it says 'we may not need to pull a report or hard pull is not required'; thats an SP.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NaaryalHead wrote:

They can't pull your reports for SP if they're locked. You gotta let em peek so they can make a decision.

Is this specific to citi?

Message 8 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received the new ThankYou card, with a moderately low limit compared to my other cards. They double pulled EQ and EX, but in the welcome materials just cite my much lower EQ score. Since I was approved (as in the past week), a major negative dropped off my EQ report and it went up 40 points (that item wasn't on the EX.) Should I call and recon the limit? It says online it will be a hard pull--should I expect both EQ and EX to be pulled again? Chance of success?

I think your chance of success is good but you should do it by phone and explain the situation to the CSR. It will definitely be a hard pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.