Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon NFCU Plat Approval for higher SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon NFCU Plat Approval for higher SL

Anyone have tips for this? Just submit request via the private message app online? We received instant approval for $15k - want to shoot for $25k. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Recon NFCU Plat Approval for higher SL

Does you DTI support a $25K SL? That is the question I would ask, which is what NFCU considered when they approved you for $15K. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm well under 30% on a 6 figure salary after living and auto loan. 

Message 3 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

All you can do is try. Does DW have any history with Navy outside of the Plat CC? If not, they may want to see more payment history before raising the limit.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

She’s had a checking account with them for around 6 years.
Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Checking accounts and what you have in bank bear little weight in Navy credit decisions. Why not give it 3 months to build some history? Rome wasnt built in a day lolSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Checking accounts and what you have in bank bear little weight in Navy credit decisions. Why not give it 3 months to build some history? Rome wasnt built in a day lolSmiley Wink

I think this is a good idea, just because they can see how you use the card, and maybe the chance will be more likely for them to give you the increase.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Works for me - I've read that recons are nothing gained, nothing lost type of scenario. No? 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

GM asked a question about my history with Navy. I answered. Lol
Message 9 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Give it at least 90 days, at 180 days she should be golden.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.