Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

I applied for the Apple Card and was approved with a 10k limit and 12.99 APR. I also declined that offer since the limit was not worth the hard pull. Transunion score of 815; Experien score is 830. 

Gardening 17+ months! 

Message 21 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Apple Card and was approved with a 10k limit and 12.99 APR. I also declined that offer since the limit was not worth the hard pull. Transunion score of 815; Experien score is 830. 

Gardening 17+ months! 

WooHoo. I’m not alone in my mission. Kudos to you!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 22 of 205
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

Apple4.png

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

Apple4.png

Message 23 of 205
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on that approval! Can you send me your invite maybe I can re-use it? Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 24 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

Congrats on that approval! Can you send me your invite maybe I can re-use it? Smiley Happy

😂🤣😆

Thank you. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Apple4.png

@CreditInspired wrote:

Apple4.png

Smiley Surprised

Ooooo you used Leo!

I am telling @Anonymous!

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 26 of 205
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Another case of turning down Apple.

Got the invite to apply for the apple card just now. Had no intention of actually applying for it, but decided to see what I would have been approved for. I am a fanboy of my iPhone and iPad. Card just doesn’t fit my needs. The only reason I thought of going through with the app was to add a MC to my portfolio, but i will do that next year when i app for citi dc ( can get the 2% back on insurance  which i wouldn’t get on the Apple card) plus i just got the wf propel last week, and want to be cautious just in case of an aa. Don’t care about the apr since I always pif.

A9F3604F-D57B-45C9-B6C0-9AFA3462FFDC.jpeg

Message 27 of 205
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: Another case of turning down Apple.

Did you have to put the last 4 of your social to generate an offer or it was automatically shown when you clicked on the apple card in the wallet?
Message 28 of 205
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Another case of turning down Apple.

@CivalV wrote:
Did you have to put the last 4 of your social to generate an offer or it was automatically shown when you clicked on the apple card in the wallet?

Had to enter the last 4 of my ss#.

Message 29 of 205
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice going! Any rejection of an Apple product is a win for the little guys in my bookSmiley Wink I wont take any approvsl unless its $500, my new mottoSmiley Happy

LoLSmiley LOLHeart

Message 30 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.