Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 3% cash back Apple Card now more to come

@wonderboynj wrote:

I had something interesting happen.

Last Monday (8/12) I app'd for the card and got an approval of $10k at 17.99, I did not accept as I was closing on a mortgage on Tuesday.

This morning my roommate who has better credit than I (and on the mortgage with me), applied for the card wand was denied.

I went in to try applying again and was denied.  Nothing has changed on my report and my TU is 740 (per Fico).  Mortgage is not reporting yet.

This is really strange especially since you had been previously approved. Please share the denial reasons for both you and your roommate.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 71 of 205
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

Apple4.png

Rejected my offer too! $5.5K SL at 23.99%. I'll pass and keep chasing that Chase dream of being 4/24.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 72 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card Approval and Decline.

i was just approved for 5k @ 23.9 with my REAL 6 figure income,, solid payment history no baddies i still have the approval up on my phone but i think im gonna pass.. the SL is ok seeing that i don't need the credit but the APR is high given they pulled TU @722 **bleep**?  I really would love the card,, but i have 4% chase FU mail offer sitting And im currently @4/24 im expecting a bump of 10-12 points after citi posts the 22nd so was gonna app the FU ,,, do you think i can app the apple card next week after my fico bump and the chase app with a shot at a better APR ?? ..

Message 73 of 205
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval and Decline.

Congrats on their offer!
Your title had me confused. I thought they approved you then they rescinded and declined your app! Lol
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 74 of 205
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

An Apple not in my eye

Had the invitation in my wallet app so decided to see what' is up with this card (never had any other phone but iphone) and after inputting info it came back at $5,000 SL with 23.99%, I pressed "No Thanks".  Such a low starting limit and outrageous %, I think I only would of accepted at 20k as the 4% is only for Apple products but 1% for everything else.

Message 75 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Approval... Probably should decline (thoughts?)

well, to each his own i was approved with a 721 TU and a flawless payment history for 5k @ 23.9 i have seen people in mid 600s with 12.9 ? no rhyme or reason ,,,would luv the Card big fan of the brand but i declined,,,

Message 76 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card not seeing TU score?

Decided to app for Apple Card to see what SL and APR they would come back with and then decline as not too interested in the card.  Completed app, had to provide ID photo and then came back with low limit and 23.99apr.  When I reviewed terms and to check the TU score details it indicates unable to get TU score as they may not have enough info for a score or something to that effect...

TU is not locked or anything and have a long over 23yr credit history with TU score over 780, double checked all info and is correct, so little confused or what may be going on that they cannot see TU score?

Message 77 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card not seeing TU score?

Really strange...

Message 78 of 205
EW800
Valued Contributor

Apple Card Approval - Told Them Thanks Anyway...

I wasn’t planning on applying for the Apple Card, however seeing that it is just a SP for the application, I decided to give it a try to see what my SL and rate would be. With my 850 FICO 8 and 9 scores, and income more than $120K, I was very curious.

Approved for $10K, 12.99%. I declined the offer. While I know that $10K is not bad and a lot of people would kill for that, I decided that it just wasn’t worth the HP and resetting my AoYA. The $10K would have been one of my lowest limits and the benefits just don’t excite me.

Have many others been accepted and told them “thanks anyway”?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 79 of 205
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval - Told Them Thanks Anyway...

@EW800 wrote:
I wasn’t planning on applying for the Apple Card, however seeing that it is just a SP for the application, I decided to give it a try to see what my SL and rate would be. With my 850 FICO 8 and 9 scores, and income more than $120K, I was very curious.

Approved for $10K, 12.99%. I declined the offer. While I know that $10K is not bad and a lot of people would kill for that, I decided that it just wasn’t worth the HP and resetting my AoYA. The $10K would have been one of my lowest limits and the benefits just don’t excite me.

Have many others been accepted and told them “thanks anyway”?

Wow you are an inspiration to this community. Hope i can achieve your scores and credit lines one day. Right now i just need to stay in garden which the toughest thing for me Smiley Tongue

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 80 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.