Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card Offer Declined

I agree with you. Maybe it will catch on in the future?

I think BB&T has something similar if you are in their geographical area.
Message 111 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed also that it’d be nice if it was always that way but I doubt it will be. How often on here do you see “I got approved for _______, but the CL was only $1500. If I had known it’d be that low I wouldn’t have taken the HP.” Banks would tend to not get as many customers if they showed them the disappointment before accepting the offer, and that’s lost interest/swipe fee revenue...
Message 112 of 205
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

Thanks. I wish every bank did apps this way. Soft pull, show you the apr and credit line, then give the ability to accept with the hard pull or decline with only the soft.

It prevents customers from being disgruntled with the terms after the fact. 

Right?? Like it can obviously be done, so why are no other banks doing this? Well, I mean, I understand why, but I've never seen any other bank offer anything like this before, unless you're already a member of that bank. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 113 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

I wanted to see what would be offered with my profile, so I thought I would share some DP's.

Credit line offered: $10k (Offer was less than 10% of income, but seemed rounded)

APR: 17.99

Score: 819

Income: Low 6 figures

Credit Profile: Thick profile with about 20 cards. About 5% util, DTI is probably around about 30% (would have to crunch numbers, but cant be much higher). Low inquiries (less than 5 over 24 months, nothing within last 12 months on TU)

Highend Cards:  Penfed at $50k, Discover at $46k, BOA at $56k, Two AMEX one at $25k, the other at $32.5k, Navy at 50k, Usbank at $25k, Paypal Mastercard $25k, Walmart store $25k

Low End Cards: Local CU CC: $12k, Local CU Od: $4k, Crapone: $6.5k (my oldest), Navchek: $15k, Citi: $15k (had a $32k line until they sold it, they been going slow ever since), Chase Amazon at $15k, and Chase Freedom (2nd oldest) at $17.5.

Car loan at 75% paid off. 

Last new account: About 7 months ago now

So, i feel they low balled the offer significantly. Perhaps the CC debt scared them away a bit, but it seems like $10k is the average credit line offered for those in my range. I was hoping they may surprise me with something like 30k or etc that would peak my interest. I just was not willing to get a new account for something so low, and no indications of future growth.

Ironically, GS has been always willing to offer me fixed loans for $100k+

Wow, what an awesome credit profile. It could be that Apple/GS felt you wouldn't need higher than $10K since you already have quite a few prime cards in your arsenal. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 114 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@RootDet wrote:

Thanks. I wish every bank did apps this way. Soft pull, show you the apr and credit line, then give the ability to accept with the hard pull or decline with only the soft.

It prevents customers from being disgruntled with the terms after the fact. 

Right?? Like it can obviously be done, so why are no other banks doing this? Well, I mean, I understand why, but I've never seen any other bank offer anything like this before, unless you're already a member of that bank. 

And this is why Apple is Apple. They're creative and have always been the brand that leads the pack. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 115 of 205
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I love being a sheepSmiley Happy🤖
Message 116 of 205
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: apple two denials and an approval which I rejected, data points

That is interesting. With a measly 622 FICO9 score they approved me for $1000 with a 23.99 APR. Im in the garden, have been for about 9 months, going on 10 soon. My profile is rather strong aside from scores. I was shocked that they even offered me something lol

Of course I declined. I am focusing on the rebuild. Once my scores are up and UTL is down I will try to check for a new approval.

With the new iPhones that are coming out this week.. it is super tempting in regards to the Apple card 😭😩
Message 117 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

What "wallet" did that show up in? New to these forums and still trying to figure out what some things are people refer to lol! Good job on the self-control too! Smiley Happy

Message 118 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What "wallet" did that show up in? New to these forums and still trying to figure out what some things are people refer to lol! Good job on the self-control too! Smiley Happy

Thank you. Smiley Wink

The "wallet" app is on your iPhone. Look in Settings and scroll down to Wallet & Apple Pay.

Also, here's a list of common abbreviations we use here on MyFICO

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 119 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it! Thanks. 😊
Message 120 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.