cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Reports) Chase Approving Some People For Sapphire Preferred Despite 5/24 Status

tag
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Re: (Reports) Chase Approving Some People For Sapphire Preferred Despite 5/24 Status

@SPChaser wrote:

I had been seeing this pop up on Reddit but didn't give much credence to it until I saw it also being mentioned on Doctor of Credit site, so I decided to mention this new Chase DP here as well. Site starts off by saying -

There are a number of Reddit reports about Chase approving people for the new Sapphire Preferred 80,000 offer/ 90,000 offer, despite their being past 5/24. That is to say, despite their having 5 new cards showing on their credit report as having been opened within the past 24 months they were able to get approved for the new Sapphire Preferred card.

Can you give link to doctor of credit site that shows that? Not seeing it. 

Following this thread..

I take Reddit for a grain of salt usually, but the forums here I can almost always find on point information. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $6000 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $6000 | Discover it 3k
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of May 2023: EX 692, TU 691, EQ 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 suspended for CSP?

@keekers556 wrote:

It appears on Reddit that there is evidence of people getting approved over 5/24 for the Chase Sapphire Preferred since their new 80k intro bonus offer was introduced.  I trust the folks here more than Reddit so I'm wondering if anyone here has been approved over 5/24 for the CSP?  Has this sort of thing happened before for non co-branded cards?

Same here but I hadn't seen anyone posting about it and obviously with Chase being Chase, this was an interesting DP to put out there; however rare it may end up being. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 12 of 16
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: (Reports) Chase Approving Some People For Sapphire Preferred Despite 5/24 Status

@Chazzay12 wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

I had been seeing this pop up on Reddit but didn't give much credence to it until I saw it also being mentioned on Doctor of Credit site, so I decided to mention this new Chase DP here as well. Site starts off by saying -

There are a number of Reddit reports about Chase approving people for the new Sapphire Preferred 80,000 offer/ 90,000 offer, despite their being past 5/24. That is to say, despite their having 5 new cards showing on their credit report as having been opened within the past 24 months they were able to get approved for the new Sapphire Preferred card.

Can you give link to doctor of credit site that shows that? Not seeing it. 

Following this thread..

I take Reddit for a grain of salt usually, but the forums here I can almost always find on point information. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/reports-chase-approving-some-people-for-sapphire-preferred-despite-5-...

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 13 of 16
markbeiser
Established Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Interesting, I haven't seen this about the Sapphire. I am convinced after seeing numerous posts about the Amazon cards that they are no longer subject to the 5/24 rule. Thanks for posting.

I can confirm that 14/24 is still too much for the Amazon card!

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.

Current FICO8:
Message 14 of 16
Beefy1212
Established Contributor

@markbeiser wrote:

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Interesting, I haven't seen this about the Sapphire. I am convinced after seeing numerous posts about the Amazon cards that they are no longer subject to the 5/24 rule. Thanks for posting.

I can confirm that 14/24 is still too much for the Amazon card!

Can confirm as of 11/7/22 10/24 was also too many for Amazon card despite a firm limit and apr listed in amazon pre-qual, and despite people on here claiming otherwise, but my usually disclaimer when this conversation comes up... Successes have been made with recon and rules are only rules until they are not.

Message 15 of 16
isik
Regular Contributor

I'm one of the recent 5+/24 Chase Amazon approval posters here, and I can confirm that my 7/24 was new credit card accounts reported on the report they pulled, not inquiries or other credit accounts.

These above 5/24 Amazon approvals, the new SP CLI policy and now this on DoC makes me think that Chase is relaxing their rules to approve more people. I think nowadays more and more people get multiple credit cards in a short time so Chase's outdated policies probably were slowing their growth.  

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.