Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Amex CLI - Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request Amex CLI - Approved

I figured I'd try another CLI with Amex BCE. I thought my last request was about 3 or 4 months ago. Looked back at my statements and saw the CLI occurred in November 2018 lol. Time flies. My last increase was from 25K to 30K. This time I requested to go to 40K.

I got an income verification from tax returns 4506-T request to be completed online. I've never seen one of these before. Stated my income with desired CLI prior to the 4506-T request popping up. But the income they'll get back on the tax forms will be significantly different, much higher on the tax forms. I included only my income on the CLI request, but my tax forms will show joint income with wife.

I'm thinking this won't be a problem, correct? If it were the opposite (tax form shows significantly less income) I bet a CLD would be in order, or worse, but I've always put in my individual income on Amex's website accurately. They won't be able to see my individual income on the tax form, only joint income.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Request Amex CLI

If the tax return demonstrates that you've been providing accurate information, you'll be fine. You can ignore this if you'd rather not submit the forms. Many object to giving up that much personal information.

When you were applying for the increase, you could have hit your browser's back button and tried a lower amount. Most people are able to get 35k without income verification if they're requesting an increase from 30k.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured afterward that it would be fine. I just thought the numbers I specify and my tax returns are way off, but if the tax return is higher, shouldn't be a problem. 

I decided to submit it anyway, electronically. After you mentioned the 35K threshold, I remembered it was going to be my next request, but I forgot about that, and went forward with it.

I'm trying to grow all my lines. A year ago, one of the reasons listed for not having a higher score was, compared to others with similar profiles, your credit limits are too low. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to grow all my lines. A year ago, one of the reasons listed for not having a higher score was, compared to others with similar profiles, your credit limits are too low. 

Looking at your 839-846 scores my guess is that you are far beyond being able to raise it significantly with tweeks to your credit limits.

For borrowing purposes there is no difference between 839 and 850.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking at your 839-846 scores my guess is that you are far beyond being able to raise it significantly with tweeks to your credit limits.

For borrowing purposes there is no difference between 839 and 850.

Not really trying to increase scores, just trying to bring my lines up to where they should be. I don't think I've ever asked for an increase until a year ago. A few haven't moved in 10+ years, and got only one increased with a request. I have two more requests to do,  then I'm done. 

Message 5 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You should not run into an issue with your tax returns showing a higher income.  However, unless something has changed recently, the tax transcript that will be provided to Amex will show each income individually if it is Form W-2 income.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

You should not run into an issue with your tax returns showing a higher income.  However, unless something has changed recently, the tax transcript that will be provided to Amex will show each income individually if it is Form W-2 income.

That's good that it does separate incomes. In that case, it will be accurate. A side benefit of allowing them to poke into the numbers is I've reported income on their site for a while. They'll see the latest

numbers are accurate and it will reinforce the trust with the lender, which is worth quite a bit. Some don't realize it at the time when they burn them and later want back in and cannot get a card.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks dead. 3 more days left. Usually CLIs happen quickly. The "we'll get back to you" ones tend to be Nos.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think this is happening (submitted 4506-T 31 days ago), but I haven't heard back officially. 

Should I go for a $35K CL instead of the $40K CL after I get formal notification (if denied)?

Message 9 of 17
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

There are stories elsewhere about 4506-T submissions disappearing into the void.  You may never hear anything, so don't hold your breath.  I think you can safely go back and request $35K whenever you want.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.