Did you mean: 

Request Initial CLI With BOA, Cap One, Amex, Discover

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Request Initial CLI With BOA, Cap One, Amex, Discover

@TheFIGuy wrote:

Hey @AverageJoesCredit,

On 09/03/20, I requested a CLI on AMEX and got a 7-10/day message (Denial, of course). I applied for another AMEX card the same day and was approved. I know AMEX has the CLI timeline across all accounts regardless of which account received it, but what would be the CLI's correct date?

Should I have CLI on 11/03/20 per the 61/day? 

Should I request CLI on 12/03/20 per the 3/month?

Edit:

Applied for a CLI on the second card and got the 7-10/day message, POOP! - Could I have asked too early?

Yeah, i believe its 90/91 days after denial  to request  again.  Its possible you asked too early. If asking resets your clocks you gotta wait another 3 months but i would take a chance in December regardless since its just sp anyway. You never know. Best of luckSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

Hey @AverageJoesCredit,

On 09/03/20, I requested a CLI on AMEX and got a 7-10/day message (Denial, of course). I applied for another AMEX card the same day and was approved. I know AMEX has the CLI timeline across all accounts regardless of which account received it, but what would be the CLI's correct date?

Edit:

Applied for a CLI on the second card and got the 7-10/day message, POOP! - Could I have asked too early?

Yeah, i believe its 90/91 days after denial  to request  again.  Its possible you asked too early. If asking resets your clocks you gotta wait another 3 months but i would take a chance in December regardless since its just sp anyway. You never know. Best of luckSmiley Happy

Thank you @AverageJoesCredit! I figured I got a little trigger happy, I'll report back next week on another denial or maybe approval!

Message 12 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

Hey @AverageJoesCredit,

Edit:

Thank you @AverageJoesCredit! I figured I got a little trigger happy, I'll report back next week on another denial or maybe approval!

No probs. I just hit it recently myself though i kept getting errors so i received 2 letters saying i requested already on 2 different cards and 3rd letter said my fico was too low, 714Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.