cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for help: I was asked to provide a 4506 form, can I cancel this application?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Request for help: I was asked to provide a 4506 form, can I cancel this application?

@designated_knitter wrote:

If OP hasn't filed their taxes yet, then they may not have a tax year showing this level of income... 

If he has not filed this years return he can say so and provide last years returns.

Plus, the concern is that many individuals are not comfortable turning tax transcripts over to for profit private corporations just to obtain a credit card.

Unfortunately Discover and Amex are very big in asking 4506. That is the cost of having their card. If they do not want to provide 45065 then they should look for other cards. Once it is triggered it will stay in the Amex system and they will keep asking for it until it is provided.

Message 11 of 13
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Request for help: I was asked to provide a 4506 form, can I cancel this application?

@Red1Blue wrote:

@designated_knitter wrote:

If OP hasn't filed their taxes yet, then they may not have a tax year showing this level of income... 

If he has not filed this years return he can say so and provide last years returns.

Plus, the concern is that many individuals are not comfortable turning tax transcripts over to for profit private corporations just to obtain a credit card.

Unfortunately Discover and Amex are very big in asking 4506. That is the cost of having their card. If they do not want to provide 45065 then they should look for other cards. Once it is triggered it will stay in the Amex system and they will keep asking for it until it is provided.

If as @Remedios suggested, that this was their first year filing (perhaps they had no income or substantially lower income in 2019), then showing last year's returns would not work and probably result in a decline.

As for one's willingness to provide tax transcripts, when someone said it wasn't a big deal, I was simply pointing out that not everyone has that opinion.

I agree, though that if one is not willing to provide tax transcripts, Then Amex and Discover might be your first choice of lenders.  Their bank, their rules.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I submitted AMEX green card application and was asked to provide a Form 4506, can I cancel this application?

If I cancel this application, can I apply for another credit card immediately? Or do I have to wait 90 days before I can apply again?

I am not sure how twitchy Amex is, but since it is just an app and the account has not been officially opened yet (or were you approved and then they asked for the 4506T or did it say pending app status until 4506T was verified?), then you may be lucky.

When my SO got his Disco, since he was unable to fill out the 4506T, the account got cancelled and he has not been able to get another card due to "prior history with Disco" and who knows how long it will be before they can move past that. So if you don't have an account yet and it is only an app, you can probably circle back around to Amex once you are able to provide one, if you decide to in the future, or there are other lenders out there you can try to get credit with now or down the road. Hopefully they aren't as twitchy as Amex and hold it against you for who knows how long just because it was not provided.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.