Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification @dilettante & Membersince 2013!

I never stay at RC's so the $100 isn't wothrwhile to me ... so I just need to decide is 140,000 points worth $95 and the HP and hit to my AAOA

Stay at marriot's?  You can get more then 2 days transferring them from what I read.. Think they equal like 5 nights if not mistaken..

Oh yeah, definitely stay at Marriots ... 91 nights this year!

140,000 points is definitely valuable ... I usually stay at catagory 6 or 7's for personal stays ... so that's about 4 nights, averaging about $800 total value

You must have Plat status (with 91 nights), then you should have no problems getting enough points for all sorts of vacation packages!  The Ritz is a much better card than the Marriott card for those who use this brand of hotels.

Ok ... I talked myself into it ... app'd, went pending, called recon, approved for $5K.  I pushed for $10K and was declined for aggressive credit seeking and balances on multiple cards (both true).  So now I just need to get the card expedited once they match up my account number w Marriott, so I can get the $300 airline reimbursement in 2014.

CONGRATS!

I hear the same exact thing when i call in too. "Why have you been seeking so much credit this year"....Hmmm i dunno, because i can pay..lol.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 22 of 2,093
dilettante
Established Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I never stay at RC's so the $100 isn't wothrwhile to me ... so I just need to decide is 140,000 points worth $95 and the HP and hit to my AAOA

Stay at marriot's?  You can get more then 2 days transferring them from what I read.. Think they equal like 5 nights if not mistaken..

140,000 points is definitely valuable ... I usually stay at catagory 6 or 7's for personal stays ... so that's about 4 nights, averaging about $800 total value

You must have Plat status (with 91 nights), then you should have no problems getting enough points for all sorts of vacation packages!  The Ritz is a much better card than the Marriott card for those who use this brand of hotels.

Ok ... I talked myself into it ... app'd, went pending, called recon, approved for $5K.  I pushed for $10K and was declined for aggressive credit seeking and balances on multiple cards (both true).  So now I just need to get the card expedited once they match up my account number w Marriott, so I can get the $300 airline reimbursement in 2014.

Congrats! You'll love all the perks of this card.  They always expedite their cards, Lounge Club card takes longer, though.  And their CSR's are top notch - better than the Palladium's IMO.

Message 23 of 2,093
resilient
Established Contributor

Applied and approved! Thanks!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 24 of 2,093
resilient
Established Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Congrats! You'll love all the perks of this card.  They always expedite their cards, Lounge Club card takes longer, though.  And their CSR's are top notch - better than the Palladium's IMO.

Could you send me the customer service number for the card? I'd like to get it expedited! I have a plane ticket to buy!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 25 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Congrats!  Can you give me any idea of your current scores?

Message 26 of 2,093
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled EX - currently at 705 

Message 27 of 2,093
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Ok ...

I'm super tempted to get this just for the bonus ... and before the end of the year to double dip on the $300 airline credit.

Questions for anyone who has the card

Can I have this at the same time as the Marriott Visa?

The $100 hotel stay credit ... does it only work at Ritz, or any Marriott brand?

The $300 airline credit ... it work on egift cards like Amex does?

The answer to all your questions is YES! :smileyhappy:

Read this when you have time: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/10/ritz-carlton-rewards-card-should-it-be-in-your-wallet/

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 13 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled EX - currently at 705 

Thanks.  I'm good on score but only have had the CSP for month and half and too many inqs on EX so I'd probably be screwed.

Message 28 of 2,093
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Ok ...

I'm super tempted to get this just for the bonus ... and before the end of the year to double dip on the $300 airline credit.

Questions for anyone who has the card

Can I have this at the same time as the Marriott Visa?

The $100 hotel stay credit ... does it only work at Ritz, or any Marriott brand?

The $300 airline credit ... it work on egift cards like Amex does?

The answer to all your questions is YES! Smiley Happy

Read this when you have time: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/10/ritz-carlton-rewards-card-should-it-be-in-your-wallet/

Kenny ..

Is there a rule against linking to travel blogs?  I found the link MS13 included very helpful.

Edited the link back, because it was my mistake! 

Message 29 of 2,093
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I used this offer when I received my card last year.  Dilettante is absolutely correct, CSRs are excellent, the card for me is well worth the AF.  

For those asking about expedited service, call the same number you dialed to app.  The presentation is nice too.  

Message 30 of 2,093
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.