Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

tag
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton 140K point offer

@jm1991 wrote:

This offer is very very tempting. Although the reason i would apply is to start off with gold for the year, im afraid if i apply now my gold status will only hast a few weeks since i have read that they count the year from Jan1-dec31st.  Does anyone know how long these offers stay ? lol

If you get the card this month your complimentary one year Gold status will last til the end of February 2016.  Marriott usually resets status at the end of February.  The Marriotts program status earning period is from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.  How all this works sounds confusing but don't worry, you'll have at least 12 months to enjoy Gold.

For example, I got the card April 2013, my complimentary Gold status was good for all of 2013 and to end of this year.  But since Marriott doesn't usually reset status until end of February, I could enjoy Gold until then even if I hadn't met the $10K spend to renew status.  I, however, had no problems spending 10K so my status will continue all of next yearSmiley Happy

Message 71 of 2,093
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

So did anyone get approved with excessive INQ? Like 24 INQ? lol

Hah.  I know you want to try

LOL. I really do! Just for the double dip and those points! Problem is that Chase approved me for an Amtrak account in October. I'm sure they won't be happy that i'm already looking to open another account.

Maybe 24 inquiries won't be so bad?  Is that spread across multiple CRAs or specific to one only, like EX or TU? And, it is a very good promo offer for sure.

Nope, that's just on EX.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 72 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dilettante wrote:

@jm1991 wrote:

This offer is very very tempting. Although the reason i would apply is to start off with gold for the year, im afraid if i apply now my gold status will only hast a few weeks since i have read that they count the year from Jan1-dec31st.  Does anyone know how long these offers stay ? lol

If you get the card this month your complimentary one year Gold status will last til the end of February 2016.  Marriott usually resets status at the end of February.  The Marriotts program status earning period is from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.  How all this works sounds confusing but don't worry, you'll have at least 12 months to enjoy Gold.

For example, I got the card April 2013, my complimentary Gold status was good for all of 2013 and to end of this year.  But since Marriott doesn't usually reset status until end of February, I could enjoy Gold until then even if I hadn't met the $10K spend to renew status.  I, however, had no problems spending 10K so my status will continue all of next yearSmiley Happy

Great data point... good to know!

Message 73 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

LOL. I really do! Just for the double dip and those points! Problem is that Chase approved me for an Amtrak account in October. I'm sure they won't be happy that i'm already looking to open another account.

Maybe 24 inquiries won't be so bad?  Is that spread across multiple CRAs or specific to one only, like EX or TU? And, it is a very good promo offer for sure.

Nope, that's just on EX.

Oh I see.  Any of those falling off soon?

Message 74 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Plus, Nixon has been scouring for this offer (or the 70K/1st year AF waiver) as well.... Maybe he'll have his wife, other family members or even himself apply!  Smiley Tongue

Speaking of Nixon, where is he?  I haven't seen him commenting on the boards today. You get to know the regulars on the boardSmiley Happy

I haven't seen him on here today but I'm sure he'll be all over it once he peruses this thread.

Message 75 of 2,093
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Nope, that's just on EX.

Oh I see.  Any of those falling off soon?

Some will fall of next year, but most of them will fall off in 2016. I'll close and consolidate some accounts. Hopefully that improves my chances come recon time.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 76 of 2,093
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Plus, Nixon has been scouring for this offer (or the 70K/1st year AF waiver) as well.... Maybe he'll have his wife, other family members or even himself apply!  Smiley Tongue

Speaking of Nixon, where is he?  I haven't seen him commenting on the boards today. You get to know the regulars on the boardSmiley Happy

I haven't seen him on here today but I'm sure he'll be all over it once he peruses this thread.

He's no doubt lurking or busy applying

Message 77 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

He's no doubt lurking or busy applying

True Smiley Tongue  For all we know he's probably already submitted the app - or had the whole family apply LOL.

Btw Irish80... thanks for posting this thread and the heads up on this juicy RC offer.  I'm definitely pondering and will likely decide sometime this week or early next week.

Message 78 of 2,093
One7
Valued Contributor

Awesome find OP! If I didn't already have the card I'd be all over this

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 79 of 2,093
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@One7 wrote:

Awesome find OP! If I didn't already have the card I'd be all over this

Which offer did you end up going for?  I recall you bit the bullet not long ago right?

Message 80 of 2,093
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.