cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolled the dice on Marriott Rewards and got 7-10 day, should I call or wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rolled the dice on Marriott Rewards and got 7-10 day, should I call or wait?

In looking at creditboards.com I noticed that Chase pulls TU for Marriott Rewards, against my instincts but because I have a decent (not great though) TU that seems to be a the bottom of the range being reported as successful. Last weekend I was approved for AMEX ED and USAA Platinum so I figured if I was going to apply I would either wait 6 months or do it now so of course I pulled the trigger, got the 7-10 day message.  Should I call for a recon or wait, the email said they needed to manually review.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Rolled the dice on Marriott Rewards and got 7-10 day, should I call or wait?

Just wait it out. 7 -10 isn't always a denial.

Message 2 of 13
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Rolled the dice on Marriott Rewards and got 7-10 day, should I call or wait?

did u get an email saying 30 days? if so its a good sign.. and chase pulled EX for my moms marriott so its a YMMV..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

did u get an email saying 30 days? if so its a good sign.. and chase pulled EX for my moms marriott so its a YMMV..

The message popped up as 7-10 days to review the request then I received an email that states:

Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.

Here's what you can expect next:

We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck

Message 6 of 13
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@workingfor850 call the application line: 1800 436-7927 followed by #, 3, 1 then enter your SS. If the fat lady sings: your application is being reviewed, please allow two weeks- there is a high chance it will get approved! Many success stories on the forum, especially one from @12njoy regarding his multiple Chase applications and the respective responses. 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 7 of 13
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

My Chase Slate and Freedom cards were both approved.  Both were 7-10 day review. I just waited and they showed up in the mail.

Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@nenuco wrote:

@Anonymous call the application line: 1800 436-7927 followed by #, 3, 1 then enter your SS. If the fat lady sings: your application is being reviewed, please allow two weeks- there is a high chance it will get approved! Many success stories on the forum, especially one from @12njoy regarding his multiple Chase applications and the respective responses. 

+1 call this number if it says 2 week or 30 days that is a good sign if it says 7-10 days not such a good sign..  Phone system usually gives it away.  Best of luck!  My Hyatt went 30 days and next day approved and Ritz got 2 week message both by phone sysetm and approved 4 days later..  I would highly suggest against calling UW as that is usually a bad thing to do unless you have a spotless file or havent applied for much credit in the last 12-24 months

Message 9 of 13
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Fingers crossed!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.