cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: SCT is now a HP! No more tricks!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Updated: SCT is now a HP! No more tricks!

Updated 03/12/19  No more SP SCT's reported since mid October of 2018. All HP's. The SP SCT appears to be done. No more tricks.

From original post: It seems that more and more folks are geting HP's for the old SP SCT. Folks who applied from pop ups and/or pre-approvals can post if they recieved a HP or SP and what store did they apply with can be posted. This may help a lot of new people to avoid getting too many cards thinking the old SP SCT is still in effect when it seems its becoming a HP. Maybe a lurker or new member will see this thread and not go out and get 2,3,4 or 5 cards and then get hit with a ton of HP's.

To the lurkers and new members. Try the prequals for bank CC's first before store cards. At least you can use them everywhere and not at a specific store. Unless you shop at one frequently. Then the HP might be worth it. 

Hard Pulls/SP Standings:

Overstock-15  SP-4 

Wayfair- 11-HP  2-SP

VS-8  SP-2 

Sportsman’s Guide-2 SP-1

J Crew-2 HP 1-SP

Total Rewards Visa-1  SP-1

Pottery Barn-2 (With Pre-Approved Letter) SP-1

West Elm-1 SP-1

New York & Co-5

Belks-3

BrylaneHome-2

Old Navy-2

Boscov-2

Pier One-2

Ann Taylor-2

Venus 1  SP-1

Game Stop 1 SP-1

Avenue
JC Penny

Eddie Bauer

JD Williams

Barneys

Coldwater Creek

HSN

Straight Soft Pulls:

Zippo

cart.jpg

Message 1 of 163
162 REPLIES 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unofficial SCT Approval with SP or HP Thread. DP's Please

I was approved for Wayfair store card. $1500. It was a SP. this was the last week of August 2018. I was also approved for king size direct, but didn’t accept as it was only $250. I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 163
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks. I'll try to keep a tally in Post#1 to keep track and narrow this down. What about your Zales. Was that a SCT? And was KSD a SCT too? SP or HP. Apprciate it.

Message 3 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

Naw, that was a part of an app spree I think. I can't remember. I checked and I had HP from them, Overstock (Failed SCT) and Total Rewards Visa.
Message 4 of 163
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Was on the Wayfair site a few months ago, got the pop-up at checkout, entered last four of ssn, approved, HP on Equifax. Same thing with Venus.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 163
blazerein
Established Contributor

Both of my pop up approvals from last month are EQ HP's after entering the last 4 digit of SSN:  Stores are New York & Co and BrylaneHome

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 6 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

"You're pre-approved" pop-up during checkout at the Avenue (Comenity store card). Hard pull on Equifax (OUCH!) Approved with $750 SL scores in signature, and that one made 7 pulls on Equifax this year (hence, the OUCH!) Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 163
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just injecting real quick ,as it looks , many are getting hps after "being pre- approved" just goes to show if you are going to use a hp , make it count. Might as well apply for something you really want as opposed to apping for something because you are " pre approved" just my 2 centsSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Average, I made that mistake with JC Penny, Belk and A few others! Apping cause I knew I would be approved. Then I found this board and realized the error in my ways lol. Now I am only apping dor what I want like NFCU and Penfed and Discover. Gardening my NFCU and other accounts at the moment.
Message 9 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock opened April 2018 - SP w/ a SL $250 - currently $4950
Wayfair opened July 2018 - HP w/ a SL $1000 - currently $5350
Both SCT

Message 10 of 163
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.