cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT Victoria Secret and Overstock (wanted full social security number)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCT Victoria Secret and Overstock (wanted full social security number)

For the first time ever I tried the SCT Shopping Cart Trick.  Victora Secret is weird.  I have a message that states we will  get back regarding  your approval for the Victora's Secret Credit Card Program.  It appears I was approved but not it it is not clear.  Victoria Secret did ask for last four digitals of social security number.  Overstock wanted entire social security number so I did not complete the application.  Anyone else has SCT sucess or failure lately.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: SCT Victoria Secret and Overstock (wanted full social security number)

If I remember correctly, Overstock does take full ss# but is a soft pull.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I did not want a hard pull so I was scared off. I seen posts with mixed results.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  I did not want a hard pull so I was scared off. I seen posts with mixed results.

I had to give my full social for Williams Sonoma (Comenity) and it was a SP only when I got the card. I got WS and VS via SCT and now I realize store cards aren't my thing and realize while nice there was no HP, it did little for me to still get 2 new accounts on my CRs and lower my AAoA and such and then have seen use maybe once or twice.

Good luck on your VS approval! It is hit or miss for many if it is a HP or SP even when only using the last 4. No guarantee either way.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I will be careful. I have the Discover IT Secured coming.

I am about to make my $200 deposit for Navy Federal Secured and apply today and have already prequalified for Navy Federal Secured Card.

Both cards (Discover IT Secured and Navy Federal Secured Card) have a good likelihood to be change to unsecure based on my research.

I got prequalified for for Capital one Platnium but I think I will wait until late next year for that one. 

So I will stop trying preapproval and SCT I think.  

Message 5 of 16
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It hasn't been that uncommon for someone rebuilding their profile to acquire several cards using the SCT and then post here later that they regretted doing it.

That being said if there is a particular card that you would use regularly for the long term don't be deterred from applying for it, the key is to not be wasteful with your efforts and resources.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I am starting to see some regrets of SCT on Facebook a little. I have heard some cards have been closed without warning (reportedly with no missed payments or late pays) or credit limits reduced drastically. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for all the information. As of now, there is soft pull from Comneity Bank on my Equifax dated today; I am pretty sure it is for the Victoria Secret Card.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing the data points. I had a VS credit card years ago but decided to close it for lack of use. Since so many have mentioned success with this card through the SCT, I thought I'd give it a try since I'd actually make use of the card. But no pop up for me. Good luck on your approval 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hit with a HP and denial w overstock over the summer. VS was SP but didn't get approved. Yes that's how much that bank hates me from paying them back in full for the express card I had over 5-6 years ago. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.