Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCB/Guitar Center 3-Report Credit Check

tag
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

SYNCB/Guitar Center 3-Report Credit Check

I went to buy a drum set and figured, what the hey. Synchrony loves me. I was declined, which was fine since I know my util is high because of some business purchases. This morning, I noticed a series of emails from CCT and CK about changes with an inquiry. Evidently, Synch pulled all three reports for this thing....no wonder I was declined. I'm still having issues getting correctiong on EX and EQ. 

When did Synch start doing this for store cards? Anyone else have this issue? I think I'm just going to go sit in the garden until my 2 year old graduates college.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: SYNCB/Guitar Center 3-Report Credit Check

Synchrony triple pulled you? Wow maybe times are changing. Iv never had that happen to me yet but now I'll be careful around them for sure.
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would hate a triple pull with no results, positive anyway. Sorry Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 5
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I'm more mad about the triple pull. The results were meh for me either way. I just wanted to take advantage of the promo just in case I upgrade to a larger set. I don't understand the point of a triple pull for a retail card.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah makes no sense. One and done, thats how it should be, not like you were apping for a C$R lolSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.