Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCB Marvel CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SYNCB Marvel CLI?

Background... received $7500 care credit I’m july and a Marvel 1k limit.

current balances under 10%....Transunion 730, no negatives ever.

tried to do an increase for care credit last week online, said decline then got a letter in mail yesterday saying it was “incomplete”, called and manually got appproved for increase of 12k. 

So this morning tried to increase via phone for Marvel but rep said decline we can’t increase. 

Is is it odd that they would increase care credit but not Marvel?! It’s my lowest limit. Advice on how to increase Marvel?!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SYNCB Marvel CLI?

No, it's not odd. While SYNCB might be the servicer for these cards, each has their own independent criteria when it comes to CLI.

Lots of variables at play. How long have you had each account? Did you contact Credit Solutions or the number on the back of the card?
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes called number on back of card. Had them both for 4 statements

:-(
Message 3 of 19
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Wait a couple more months and then try again.

Marvel is a little more strict with approvals.

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I’ll try again in a few months. They are the only ones that won’t raise and my lowest card. Sad face
Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Marvel can be hardest to move but with your 730 you are in prime territory for 8-12k. Use the card some and in 3 months call Credit Solutions and ask for 15k, they should counter if eligble.YMMVSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Just blows my mind they keep me at 1k but my other cards are 10-15k limits.
Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol always happen but the day will come when you get that big increase. 2018 definitely isnt 2017 in the Synchrony worldSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 19
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Marvel can be hardest to move but with your 730 you are in prime territory for 8-12k. Use the card some and in 3 months call Credit Solutions and ask for 15k, they should counter if eligble.YMMVSmiley Wink

So Joe, with a 785 - 790 what range would that put you with Marvel? They have been super stingy with me as well. And how sensitive are they to new accounts? And is Credit Solutions always better than the number on the back or online?

Message 9 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

So Joe, with a 785 - 790 what range would that put you with Marvel? They have been super stingy with me as well. And how sensitive are they to new accounts? And is Credit Solutions always better than the number on the back or online?

With everything YMMV and profile  specific, on score alone i would think someone with a good income could score a 25k limit on Marvel with that high of a score . But again, many factors come into play like overall exposure with Sync , how your overall profile looks etc. Ive been stuck at 12k with a fluctuating Tu Fico 723-742, ss of 7 Nov but my income is low, exposure high. I dont think they are too sensitive to new accounts but probably less is better. Credit Solutions , especially in regards to higher increases over 10k is always best route. They will verify your Tu Report which is why i say, especially this year with tightening up, your entire report should be up to par. That means take care of your other accounts and try not to have super high debt. When i had all my debt on 2 cards all others at zero im sure that still held me back in relation to my income. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.