Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe to double app with thin file?

tag
LooksAreDeceiving
Contributor

Safe to double app with thin file?

Hello all,

I'm going to app shortly for Chase Freedom, then Discover (the original plan was to add PayPal MC also, but I've reconsidered).

I know I'm probably being a bit paranoid, but is there any risk for possible AA (concerned especially with Chase) due to simultaneous apps because of my thin file?

I currently have a EXP FICO 8 of 757, with only one open account (WF Propel, 3k, 3-19).

Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Safe to double app with thin file?

If these are the only two cards you plan to add then you should be fine. The concern is your profile being too young for Chase but if you want to get both of these cards at once so they age together as you garden for at least the next six months then I'd wait a little longer. This changes if you have hit the prequels and get some results to come up.

Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Do you have any AU accounts or older loans? 

If that's your only account, you would not have even genereated Fico score since it takes 6 months, and your WF was opened in March 

Message 3 of 9
LooksAreDeceiving
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

If that's your only account, you would not have even genereated Fico score since it takes 6 months, and your WF was opened in March 

I have an additional closed CC account (AAoA 7 yrs 5 mos).

Message 4 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@LooksAreDeceiving wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I have an additional closed CC account (AAoA 7 yrs 5 mos).

AA wise, I dont think you should worry if you open two cards, but I would not add any more than that. 

I would personally start with Disco, let it age to 6 months and hopefully grow, then apply for Chase card

Your history with open accounts will be longer and your Discover limit may be higher than WF by that time and profile slightly thicker. 

Message 5 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Chase want to see 1 year of credit in your name. Your file looks too young

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

does store card like jareds count for that 1 year history @Meanmchine

Message 7 of 9
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@LooksAreDeceiving wrote:
Hello all,

I'm going to app shortly for Chase Freedom, then Discover (the original plan was to add PayPal MC also, but I've reconsidered).

I know I'm probably being a bit paranoid, but is there any risk for possible AA (concerned especially with Chase) due to simultaneous apps because of my thin file?

I currently have a EXP FICO 8 of 757, with only one open account (WF Propel, 3k, 3-19).

Thanks.

I think you are as good as gold. I got both within a day of each other with around 50 points lower score than you. Only difference is that I had an AU helping me a bit.

AU

Message 8 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

does store card like jareds count for that 1 year history @Meanmchine

Yes 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.