Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks 5th Ave CLI denied.

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Saks 5th Ave CLI denied.

Jeesh. I've had this account nearly 3 years and stuck at the same $500 CL.

Never missed a payment.

It's a STORE CARD, not even a MC/VISA. Issued by capital one.

Nope, no CLI for you..

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Saks 5th Ave CLI denied.

I'm not completely up to date on them, but I thought that I heard they were going through Bankruptcy?

Thus Cap1 may be cautious, and maybe even deciding to end this partnership until everything unfolds.

Sorry for your decline.

Message 2 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

Never missed a payment.

Nope, no CLI for you..

The UW guidelines still apply for CLIs regardless whether it's the store version or the MC.  On the upside, any CLI requests are typically SP.  I would consider improving the overall profile and scores as mentioned in your other rebuilding threads for best results down the road. 

Message 3 of 17
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Is that with all credit accounts or just capital one co-branded cards?

Funny thing is...I started out with like $500 with Fingerhut around the same time and my CL is now 1700.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 4 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

Is that with all credit accounts or just capital one co-branded cards?

Funny thing is...I started out with like $500 with Fingerhut around the same time and my CL is now 1700.

This would be specific to most Capital One PLCCs, such as Saks, Neiman Marcus, Menards, etc.  Even for other Capital One products, such as Cabela's or GM Buypower, their UW criteria is different from their main core cards such as Venture and QS. Just keep in mind that all lenders have different UW criteria for CLI requests.  

Message 5 of 17
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Saks Fifth Avenue is teaming up with licensing firm Authentic Brands Group to acquire Barneys out of bankruptcy for $270 million.

There're a lot of articles out there about this transition.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 6 of 17
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

Never missed a payment.

Nope, no CLI for you..

How much spend do you put through the card? Cap 1 is very heavy on usage.

Message 7 of 17
silver_idle
Established Contributor

What was the denial reason? How much do you use the card? Assuming there isnt any derogs on your CR that couldve been apart of why you didnt get a CLI, Capital One usually looks at usage and payment history. Eg, if you spend several hundred dollars on it and pay it all down, they may consider a CLI but by how much really depends.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had this card for about 3 months. I have a 500$ limit as well.
I have maxed out and PIF 8 times (2-3 times per cycle) they still refuse to give me a CLI. It makes no sense to me at all.
Message 9 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve had this card for about 3 months. I have a 500$ limit as well.
I have maxed out and PIF 8 times (2-3 times per cycle) they still refuse to give me a CLI. It makes no sense to me at all.

What reasons did they cite for the denial?   It would appear you haven't had the account long enough among other factors that may be hindering the CLI. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.