Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor credit limit increase

tag
Deeyarht948
Contributor

Savor credit limit increase

I've had the card since  March of this year with a 2000 starting limit. For people who use the card you all have any experience on credit line limit increase and how large the card can grow? It's got the savor card with an AF of 95 a year by the way 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Re: Savor credit limit increase

Mine started at 10k when I got it, and before Capital One closed the "combine your account," option I closed my Quicksilver of 6k and brought the total line to 16k. This card is my main driver for dining. 

As far as CLI goes, I'm not 100% on this but I think you can ask for an increase every 6 months. There's a luv button on the webpage.

I haven't checked in a while so it could of changes since I last tried.

Hope this helps!

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 2 of 15
Deeyarht948
Contributor

You must have had a pretty good fico score for a starting limit like 10k 

Message 3 of 15
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

My experience with Cap1, if you're not using a majority of the available credit, they will deny a CLI for insuficent use of current credit limit.   You can push the CLI button and see, it should be a SP.  For me, I have no idea how much Cap1 can grow, I just do maintenance swipes on my capital one accounts, they aren't willing to give me more for a $20 charge every few months.   

Message 4 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Considering all the chopping Cap One did recently on their credit lines, unless you're cycling your limit several times, I wouldn't bother with asking without being prepared for a heartbreak 

Message 5 of 15
Deeyarht948
Contributor

I I just hope I won't be stuck at 2K forever I put about 500 a month spend on it don't always pay in full though 

Message 6 of 15
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Capital One has been very tight with CLIs.  You can request a CLI whenever you want (SP).  But you won't get one more than every 6 months.  

If you aren't getting near your limit every few months, it is going to be hard to grow.  

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 7 of 15
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

My Savor credit line was just dropped from $28.5k to $10k and I charge between $500-$1000 per month on it.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard about a ton of > $10k CL limits on Cap One cards being lowered to exactly $10k.  Are there many reports of < $10k limits being lowered?

Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard about a ton of > $10k CL limits on Cap One cards being lowered to exactly $10k.  Are there many reports of < $10k limits being lowered?

Yes.  The Capital One CLD thread and reports in Reddit.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.