cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores needed to get approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card....

tag
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Scores needed to get approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card....

If you have a CSP card what were your scores when you applied?  I really want this card, but currently I do not have any unsecured credit cards.  Credit Karma states that my chances of getting approved are "good" but I do not want to risk an inquiry and get denied.  I used the prequaliying tool on Chase website and it only said that I am preapproved for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card.  Now I am wondering if I should wait it out and just get another card in the mean time to help boost my score. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Re: Scores needed to get approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card....

I think mine was around 720 or 740. Can't remember which. My oldest card was 12 years at time and I also had 5 cards over $5k. For the CSP, the minimum limit is $5k. I believe that chase likes you to have at least 1 other card with some history to it at or almost at $5k+ To get CSP. I'm not sure about if you don't have any unsecured cards.
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't apply. I had a buddy who has like 5 other credit cards and an 800+ score and he still got the "we'll let you know message".
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the time of approval I had EX 719 TU 702 EQ 697. Oldest account 18 months. AAoA 6 months. 9 inquiries on EX. Utilization 8%. No baddies. No late payments. The only other cards I had at the time are Kohl's 300 CL. Chase Freedom Unlimited 1,000 CL. And Cap One Quicksilver One 500 CL. I've read before that Chase usually likes to see at least one other card with 5,000 CL before accepting for the CSP. But not always with proof of my approval.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also don't forget about 5/24 rule if you're going to app for Chase
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.