Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret Password to a Citi Costco CLI?

tag
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Secret Password to a Citi Costco CLI?

Just wondering if anyone has the secret password, or magic words for a Citi/Costco CLI?  My card is 8 months old.  It has its original $6500 cl.  I've tried every month since month 6 and it's been no soup for you.  Granted, until this month there was a derog reporting, but that is now gone, my FICO updated on their site, but still NADA...I've had the CLI button with the SP language since the card was about 30 days old.  Any insight would be welcomeSmiley Frustrated

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Secret Password to a Citi Costco CLI?

@Peazmom wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has the secret password, or magic words for a Citi/Costco CLI?  My card is 8 months old.  It has its original $6500 cl.  I've tried every month since month 6 and it's been no soup for you.  Granted, until this month there was a derog reporting, but that is now gone, my FICO updated on their site, but still NADA...I've had the CLI button with the SP language since the card was about 30 days old.  Any insight would be welcomeSmiley Frustrated

What was the reason given for not giving a cli? Otherwise the magic worg is patience and try again next month. Are there issues on your report like young fike, or high uti?

Message 2 of 10
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@Andypanda wrote:

@Peazmom wrote:

What was the reason given for not giving a cli? Otherwise the magic worg is patience and try again next month. Are there issues on your report like young fike, or high uti?

No reason given yet, I will have to wait for the AA letter.  No issue with my report really.  Total utilization is 16%.  File is thick, average age of accounts is 4 years, oldest account is 17 years.  I use this account every month a pay in full.  EX score is 717.

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 3 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Are you sure nothing on CR? Seems like score should be higher. What is UT on individual cards? How many inqs in last 3/6/12 mos?  What are EQ and TU scores?

Also, do you have any other Citi or Citi-backed cards. When I was declined an increase, the reason was I had reached Citi's max limit. In my case, that is $33.3K. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 10
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Are you sure nothing on CR? Seems like score should be higher. What is UT on individual cards? How many inqs in last 3/6/12 mos?  What are EQ and TU scores?

Also, do you have any other Citi or Citi-backed cards. When I was declined an increase, the reason was I had reached Citi's max limit. In my case, that is $33.3K. 

All reports are newly clean as of 12/1.  Last derog dropped off of EX & EQ then.

DISCOVER IT 4275/17500

NFCU Flagship 1946/12000

NFCU Platinum 2353/10000

Citi Costco 276/6500 (this is always used each months organically and paid in full)

Chase 0/6500

AMEX 0/2000

PPMC 0/5000

PP Credit 0/4000

FICO 8

EX 721

TU 737

EQ 717

INQ 

EX 4 - Apr 2019

TU 2 - Apr 2019

EQ 5 - Apr 2019; 1 - June 2019

5 new cards were added in April, Auto refinance in June

I’m guessing the inquiries and the new cards may be stopping them from considering a CLI.  Just was puzzled as AMEX, DISCO and of course NFCU have had no issue with CLI.

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Peazmom wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

All reports are newly clean as of 12/1.  Last derog dropped off of EX & EQ then.

DISCOVER IT 4275/17500

NFCU Flagship 1946/12000

NFCU Platinum 2353/10000

Citi Costco 276/6500 (this is always used each months organically and paid in full)

Chase 0/6500

AMEX 0/2000

PPMC 0/5000

PP Credit 0/4000

FICO 8

EX 721

TU 737

EQ 717

INQ 

EX 4 - Apr 2019

TU 2 - Apr 2019

I’m guessing the inquiries and the new cards may be stopping them from considering a CLI.  Just was puzzled as AMEX, DISCO and of course NFCU have had no issue with CLI.

That's fairly possible, plus for a while the negative item was present in your CRs until it was removed.  Another thing to consider, while some lenders may be willing or more flexible with CLIs, not all view certain activities with the same lens.  Potentially, once time has passed, the [SP] CLI option may yield some fruit.

If you're opted-in to receive eCommunications, the letter is likely available online in the Statements & Documents section unless you opted to receive things by mail.

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

PW: #FREAKSCOMEOUTATNIGHT#WHODINI Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Peazmom wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

DISCOVER IT 4275/17500

NFCU Flagship 1946/12000

NFCU Platinum 2353/10000

Chase 0/6500

AMEX 0/2000

PPMC 0/5000

PP Credit 0/4000

FICO 8

EX 721

TU 737

EQ 717

INQ 

EX 4 - Apr 2019

TU 2 - Apr 2019

That's fairly possible, plus for a while the negative item was present in your CRs until it was removed.  Another thing to consider, while some lenders may be willing or more flexible with CLIs, not all view certain activities with the same lens.  Potentially, once time has passed, the [SP] CLI option may yield some fruit.

If you're opted-in to receive eCommunications, the letter is likely available online in the Statements & Documents section unless you opted to receive things by mail.

Also, I will venture to say that having a balance report on 50% of your CCs could be a reason too. Since you PIF, you should try and do so before statement cut so the majority of cards can report a $0 balance. 

You have some decent cards and CLs in your stash. Now may be a good time to garden and let the AoYA turn 12 months, and as FinStar says, a SP CLI could yield some fruit. 

So in reality, the password, which is not so secret, is TIME 😉. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 10
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Peazmom wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

DISCOVER IT 4275/17500

NFCU Flagship 1946/12000

NFCU Platinum 2353/10000

Chase 0/6500

AMEX 0/2000

PPMC 0/5000

PP Credit 0/4000

FICO 8

EX 721

TU 737

EQ 717

INQ 

EX 4 - Apr 2019

TU 2 - Apr 2019

Also, I will venture to say that having a balance report on 50% of your CCs could be a reason too. Since you PIF, you should try and do so before statement cut so the majority of cards can report a $0 balance. 

You have some decent cards and CLs in your stash. Now may be a good time to garden and let the AoYA turn 12 months, and as FinStar says, a SP CLI could yield some fruit. 

So in reality, the password, which is not so secret, is TIME 😉. 

Thanks all for the responses, you guys!    It probably doesn’t matter too much, but the Citi Costco balance is paid before it reports.  That amount is just what is on the account at this moment.  I’m working on the other 3 balances with the ultimate goal of AZEO...it’s a process 🙂.  I am gratefully to have a place to be able to ask the difficult question and know I will be pointed in the right direction.  The whole rebuild process has been an exercise in patience, of which I am not blessed with much.  I think the most difficulty part for me is now the “busy” work is over.  I’m done with the GW letters, the EE calls, etc. and the obsessing about when the baddies are falling off, which is GREAT, but waiting for time to pass is tough for this OLD chick.  Anyway, with feet firmly planted in the garden, I will exercise patience, and go pour my first cup of coffee! ☕️ 

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 9 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Gardening is always a good idea, but the reality for those just coming out of successful rebuild is that they may finally qualify for the cards they need, so gardening usually starts later.
I'd just keep using and keep paying.
If you feel like your spend (current and projected) justifies it, ask for HP CLI when your utilization is in a good place.

SP increases are sweet but some cards are definitely worth a HP.

I have several cards where I would not hesitate to take a HP on. They are of value to me, and I'd rather use HP on something that I'm certain works, than some future new account which may or may not .
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.