Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

tag
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

For a higher limit, I suspect your best bet is a credit union but you'd have to navigate the membership process first. And, in some cases (e.g. NFCU) debt to income ratio is very important.

All of that said, my three recommendaitons to research are as follows:

1. BECU: If deemed worthy, their limits are good and there is no balance transfer fee (APR is 0% for 12 months)
  2. Union Bank Platinum Visa: No balance transfer fee (APR is 0% for 15 months, after 15 months a 3% fee applies)
  3. NFCU: Usually very nice limits, no balance transfer fee (APR is .99% for 12 months)

Message 11 of 13
Credit_Warrior_West

I just made a big purchase spread out on several cards. My utilization was 10% before the recent big purchase. The new high balances have not hit my credit report yet. 

Message 12 of 13
Credit_Warrior_West

I can pay it all off within five months with out any refinancing it. I was just hoping to get a balance transfer card. 

The low utilization on my credit report is at the moment before the big purchase is reported to the credit report. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.