cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

tag
Credit_Warrior_West
New Member

Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

So, I just maxed out the majority of my credit cards and would like to either do a balance transfer or some other option. What are my options? Here's what my credit profile looks like:

  • Current cards and their limits
    • Amazon Visa Chase $1,000
    • Discover IT $6,000
    • Ollo/Ally Card $500
    • Mission Lane Visa $850
    • Apple Card $2,000
    • Capitol One Walmart store card $1,750
    • Capitol One QuickSilver $2,950
    • Capitol One Quick Silver One $1,100
    • Mercury Mastercard $3,750
    • Sycrony Bank $1,024
    • Samsung account /TD Finance $2,200
    • Capitol One (authorized user) $10,000
  • Number of cards you got in the past 6, 12 and 24 months
    • Cards in last 6 months 0
    • Cards in last 12 months - maybe one
    • Cards in last 24 months- 6? 
  • Utilizization is listed at 10% across all cards now. 
  • Will it be a joint application? No
  • Annual Income $120k
  • 34 total accounts all in good standing
  • 1 paid collection still listed form 12/2016
  • One inquiry from June 2022 was from Capitol One
  • 4 negative remarks on the account about late payments 30-60 days. 
  • Fico Bankcard Score 8 score Equifax 717, TransUnion 722, Experian 729
  • Fico Bankcard Score 9 Equifax 719, TransUnion 720, Experian 704
  • Fico Bankcard Score 5,4 & 2 Equifax 685, TransUnion 696, Experian 642

 

What can I do with this credit profile? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

Can't go wrong with the Wells Fargo Reflect... 0% for 18 months... with 3 extra months after timely payments.  3% BT fee.

FICO8 current as of : 3-2-24 EQ: 660 TU: 663 EX: 667
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Gold $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 2 of 13
Credit_Warrior_West
New Member

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

Is there a way to test to see if I'll get a card without a hard pull? 


@TRC_WA wrote:

Can't go wrong with the Wells Fargo Reflect... 0% for 18 months... with 3 extra months after timely payments.  3% BT fee.


 

Message 3 of 13
Credit_Warrior_West
New Member

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

I applied and they said nope. No Wells Fargo Card for me.

Message 4 of 13
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000


@Credit_Warrior_West wrote:

So, I just maxed out the majority of my credit cards and would like to either do a balance transfer or some other option. What are my options? Here's what my credit profile looks like:

  • Current cards and their limits
    • Amazon Visa Chase $1,000
    • Discover IT $6,000
    • Ollo/Ally Card $500
    • Mission Lane Visa $850
    • Apple Card $2,000
    • Capitol One Walmart store card $1,750
    • Capitol One QuickSilver $2,950
    • Capitol One Quick Silver One $1,100
    • Mercury Mastercard $3,750
    • Sycrony Bank $1,024
    • Samsung account /TD Finance $2,200
    • Capitol One (authorized user) $10,000
  • Number of cards you got in the past 6, 12 and 24 months
    • Cards in last 6 months 0
    • Cards in last 12 months - maybe one
    • Cards in last 24 months- 6? 
  • Utilizization is listed at 10% across all cards now
  • Will it be a joint application? No
  • Annual Income $120k
  • 34 total accounts all in good standing
  • 1 paid collection still listed form 12/2016
  • One inquiry from June 2022 was from Capitol One
  • 4 negative remarks on the account about late payments 30-60 days. 
  • Fico Bankcard Score 8 score Equifax 717, TransUnion 722, Experian 729
  • Fico Bankcard Score 9 Equifax 719, TransUnion 720, Experian 704
  • Fico Bankcard Score 5,4 & 2 Equifax 685, TransUnion 696, Experian 642

 

What can I do with this credit profile? 


Can you provide more info regarding your credit limits and utilization please! I'm having a hard time following your data.

Can you post the limits and utilization per account

Also you maxed out majority of your cards but showing only 10% uti?

If you can provide more clarification it would be helpful.

 

Oh! DO NOT app for any other cards. With your score and negatives and showing high utilization, its going to be very hard to get any card with high limit for BT. You may have to go other direction.







                
Message 5 of 13
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000


@Credit_Warrior_West wrote:

So, I just maxed out the majority of my credit cards and would like to either do a balance transfer or some other option. What are my options? Here's what my credit profile looks like:

  • Current cards and their limits
    • Amazon Visa Chase $1,000
    • Discover IT $6,000
    • Ollo/Ally Card $500
    • Mission Lane Visa $850
    • Apple Card $2,000
    • Capitol One Walmart store card $1,750
    • Capitol One QuickSilver $2,950
    • Capitol One Quick Silver One $1,100
    • Mercury Mastercard $3,750
    • Sycrony Bank $1,024
    • Samsung account /TD Finance $2,200
    • Capitol One (authorized user) $10,000
  • Number of cards you got in the past 6, 12 and 24 months
    • Cards in last 6 months 0
    • Cards in last 12 months - maybe one
    • Cards in last 24 months- 6? 
  • Utilizization is listed at 10% across all cards now. 
  • Will it be a joint application? No
  • Annual Income $120k
  • 34 total accounts all in good standing
  • 1 paid collection still listed form 12/2016
  • One inquiry from June 2022 was from Capitol One
  • 4 negative remarks on the account about late payments 30-60 days. 
  • Fico Bankcard Score 8 score Equifax 717, TransUnion 722, Experian 729
  • Fico Bankcard Score 9 Equifax 719, TransUnion 720, Experian 704
  • Fico Bankcard Score 5,4 & 2 Equifax 685, TransUnion 696, Experian 642

 

What can I do with this credit profile? 


The FNBO Evergreen card has 0% for 12 months right now and they have a prequalification that will let you know your SL and rate beforehand.  They have been known to give as high as $15k starting out. 

Message 6 of 13
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

I'm having difficulty understanding your request as well. You're showing total credit lines (without Authorized User accounts) of $23,124 but state 10% utilization, which would be estimated $2,312. You also state you've maxed out your credit cards but need a BT card for $9,000 to $14,000. Can you please clarify?

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 7 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000


@fury1995 wrote:

I'm having difficulty understanding your request as well. You're showing total credit lines (without Authorized User accounts) of $23,124 but state 10% utilization, which would be estimated $2,312. You also state you've maxed out your credit cards but need a BT card for $9,000 to $14,000. Can you please clarify?


Agreed. The math doesn't add up. Also, with majority of cards maxed out, getting any sort of approval is going to be pretty much impossible. 

 

One final note, if income is $120k, $9-$14k in debt shouldn't be hard to just pay down. 


Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 8 of 13
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

We'll have to wait and see if the OP responds, but I'm thinking they may mean 10% currently reporting, but much higher utilization that just hasn't reported yet.

Like "I need a BT card now because when the next round of statements hit I'm in trouble."

That's the only way I see this making sense. Someone, @Credit_Warrior_West , please correct me if that's not the case.



Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 762, EX8 774 as of March 3
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE7 - 3% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 9 of 13
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Seeking Balance Transfer Card or Other Option for $9,000-$14,000

Unfortunately you have a lot going against you so it's going to be very hard to even get any new credit cards and esp hard to get one with a $10-$14K CL given the small toy CL amounts on your current cards, and the collections and late pays. Getting new credit is about much more than just FICO scores and INQ. As I understand your post your reports are currently showing 10% UTL however you have since nearly max'ed out your cards and they will soon be reporting nearly 100% UTL? If that is the case not only won't you be able to get any new credit cards then. But even if you manage to get something new while your reports are still showing 10% UTL once that nearly 100% UTL hits you face a great risk of AA on any new or old cards for that matter. With a $120K income unless you have some outlandish other bills or you're the sole source of income for an entire family. You should be able to buckle down and just pay off or greatly pay down that UTL. That may be the only option you have because if I understand what you've said and I posted it correctly you've put your in a bad situtation credit wise.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.