Did you mean: 

Seeking longer 0% APR and high SL for big purchase

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Seeking longer 0% APR and high SL for big purchase

@Anonymous wrote:
@For the sake of a data point- approved for Amex BCE @ 10k. No red tape, just a clean approval.

Now that I have these two cards, is there a best strategy to employ to improve the health of my credit and continue to climb the ladder?

You're actually already near the top of the ladder for credit IMO with the scores you provided earlier just need to keep doing what you already were doing. Keep the cards in good standing, when you make your purchase keep making payments til it's paid off to avoid interest, and make a purchase every once in awhile to keep the credit cards active. With Chase unless they give you one the CLI requests are HPs so keep that in mind, AMEX they are SPs up to 3X your current limit so if you ever feel like pulling the trigger to a safe limit you feel comfortable leaving it in I would just go with that (if you do wanna request one that is).

I would go more into maximizing your scores but you don't really seemed too concerned about it since it's more nitpicking stuff so I won't get into that. But seriously major kudos on scoring two nice cards to add to your portfolio and good luck with your purchase! If you ever have any more questions and/or concerns feel free to ask around. We are always happy to help.

Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seeking longer 0% APR and high SL for big purchase

You did very good. I wonder what Disco would give you?  They typically give very nice limits.   

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.