Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seemingly denied for BestBuy Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seemingly denied for BestBuy Card?

Got the following message: "We have received your application and will need to process it further. We will contact you with our decision within 2 weeks via U.S. Mail."

I'm assuming this was denied?

TU: 633

EQ: 682

EX: 682

FICO: 704

Went from 515 to the above scores in about 6 months just getting almost everything taken care of, but man despite the progress it still stings.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Seemingly denied for BestBuy Card?

Sounds like it but kind of weird as BB usually pulls EQ or Ex and your scores llook passable. Your scores are confusing though as you list the 3 and then fico, there are only 3 not 4 so which are your ficos?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage for the first 3. They seem a bit lower than the actual FICO scoring which seems to be low 700's.

Message 3 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

You shouldn't even bother posting the vantage scores - they are meaningless

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Some vantage scores can be as low as 100 points lower than fico8 while others higher. With 700's should be good for a BB but with Citi, inquiries is a huge deal and a couple recent can shut you down . Any recent inquiries?
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 Inquiry in the past year.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't trust vantage scores. You'll want your actual FICO score. My vantage scores are nearly 60 higher than my actual FICO.

Do you have any collections or public records? I'd be surprised if you got denied for a BB CC with a 700+ FICO.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No collections. Got all of those removed.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone gotten that message and ended up being approved?

Message 9 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok, other option you might find is that it actually could be a verification letter. That might want to be sure its you and then when you get it you call up and confirm the letter with whatever the letter authenticator is. Hopefully someone with experience stops by but until let us know what the letters says. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.