cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping timeline: how long did your approved CC take to be delivered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shipping timeline: how long did your approved CC take to be delivered?

After getting approved for new credit card, how long did it take for the CC to be delivered to your home?

My times are as follows: 

1. TD Cash Rewards [SECURED] - 10 days. Got approved same day (it was secured CC after all), but then I went on vacation to Florida and got TD Bank to print the CC for me on the spot there. 
  2. Discover it - 6 days, if it arrives tomorrow. Just spoke with Customer Service, who gave me the tracking number which shows expected delivery is tomorrow. 
  3. Amex - no idea, which is partially why I'm making this post. I applied last week, was pending for 6 hours, then approved after midnight. I spoke with Customer Service, who said my card is still being processed by the bureau (4 days later?!) but that I will receive an email when it ships out, after which it will take an additional 7-10 business days. 

It would be helpful to get other people's actual delivery times - the more the merrer! Thank you!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shipping timeline: how long did your approved CC take to be delivered?

My Amex BCE took about 7-10 days to arrive. No biggie though since they’ll give you all the info to start using it immediately. I didn’t need to so I didn’t worry about it.

All my others seemed to take about 7-10 days except HSBC and TD Ameritrade. Those were closer to two weeks.
Message 2 of 26
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

My only 2 new cards as of late... I can attest to American Express Platinum 2 business days & CSR approximately 4 business days.  I can also say if a card is lost, Amex gets it out to you within 2 days.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex PRG got shipped via Next Day air UPS (didn't ask for it) arrived in 2 days.

Now i'm waiting for my Amex EDP which I got insant approval for on Friday 8/24. The approval page said I should expect to receive my card in 3 - 5 business days. Let's see if it holds true.

UPDATE: Just received an email from Amex this morning (8/29) saying my card has now shipped and will arrive in 7-10 days... well that's no fun.  

UPDATE: EDP Arrived today 8/31... so a 7 day turn around time from approval.

Chase Amazon card arrived via Next day air as well in 2 days total. Called and asked for next day air, got it for no extra charge. 

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My discover IT card came in 4 days and my barclaycard came in 6 days

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Amex BCE took about 7-10 days to arrive. No biggie though since they’ll give you all the info to start using it immediately. I didn’t need to so I didn’t worry about it.

All my others seemed to take about 7-10 days except HSBC and TD Ameritrade. Those were closer to two weeks.

How can you start using the card if you haven't activated it first? Or do they give you enough info over phone to both activate & start using it?

Message 6 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Some lenders will provide temporary account information as a matter of convenience.

For instance, if approved online, some Comenity bankcards will provide a temporary CC and CVV that can be used for a limited period before getting the actual plastic.
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How can you start using the card if you haven't activated it first? Or do they give you enough info over phone to both activate & start using it?

Chase actually provided a temp card # for my amazon card but Amex didn't. I guess it depends on the lender. 

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about my older cards but on Friday Aug 17th I applied for the Citi Costco anywhere card and Fidelity Visa Signature card and I'm still waiting for them. I think I'm supposed to receive the citi one today actually.

For Amex Platinum I applied only last Wed/Thursday right after midnight and got it by Friday. I was so surprised at how fast Amex was.

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_economist: They’ll give you your number and the information necessary to use your card over the phone if you want to do that.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.