cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping timeline: how long did your approved CC take to be delivered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shipping timeline: how long did your approved CC take to be delivered?

American Express Hilton Honor Ascend approved 8/13 and card was finally received today the 27th.  When I was approved Amex said I would receive the card in 3 to 5 days (they offered me the number immediately, but I screwed up the process).  When I called on the 7th day (20th) to see what was going on and that I haven't received the shipping email yet they assured me it was sent.  On the 23rd I finally received the shipping email.  I guess the Rep was mistaken.  It's no big deal.  My neighbor has had two cards stolen from her mail this summer and I've been a little paranoid.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of the 3 CC's I was approved for on 8/20-21 the Amex and Disco both arrived yesterday, so about a week. I dont include my NFCU card in this group as I requested 3-5 day FedEx shipping, which it ended up arriving next day by 10:30am!

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for my NFCU Flagship card at 2 am saturday august 18th. It just arrived today the 28th. 7 biz days plus 2 weekends.

My brother applied for his uber card the same Saturday in the afternoon and his arrived that friday August 24.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: 

1. TD Cash Rewards [SECURED] - 10 days (got it printed at the bank on vacation). 
  2. Discover it Cash Back - 7 days (delivered today). 
  3. Amex Cash Magnet - 7 days to get approved + 7-10 to deliver (delivery time to be confirmed). 
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have a DP to contribute soon; I was approved for NFCU's cashRewards Visa yesterday, and should receive the card in 5 to 7 business days (allowing for the Labor Day holiday). I expect it to arrive by next Saturday (9/8) at very latest but probably much earlier.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for Ebates Visa (Synchrony) 8/21 and Informed delivery says it's in the box today 8/30 so 7 business days (9 actual days with weekend)

Applied for American Express Cash Magnet at 11:56 pm on 8/25...so maybe 8/26 is actual approval date... Amex said I'd get it in 3-5 days, just got shipping notice today 8/30 that says expect the card in 7-10 business days...so I'm thinking it will come some time next week with the holiday (definitely NOT 3-5 days)

Message 16 of 26
jgdev
Regular Contributor

Last 2 cards I got were both Amex. My PRG arrived in 2 days shipped via UPS Overnight. My most recent came in 2 days also shipped via UPS Overnight. I love the fact Amex ships cards overnight if you are already a cardholder!

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 17 of 26
peacemak3r
Valued Member

With AMEX, I was instantly approved and the card arrived 7 days later.  Also AMEX gave me a temporary card number and pin for immediate use as well.

FICO8 (Oct 19): 711EQ / 688TU / 679EX // (Sept 19): 707EQ / 690TU / 681EX
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex giving you card details before the card arrives, that is a special feature that only some cards have. For example, my Amex Cash Magnet which shipped last week doesn't have that feature, so I cannot do anything (not even register on Amex's website) until I receive the phsical card in the mail.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal cashRewards Visa arrived today. The card was prepared (and probably mailed out) on Thursday, August 30; it came from their headquarters in Merrifield, VA, and I also live in Northern Virginia. If the holiday weekend hadn't intervened I might have received it on Monday or even Saturday.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.