Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick is BS!!!!

tag
jc2
Regular Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick is BS!!!!

Sorry about that. I had the same experience with popup for redicard from comenity. only lasy 4 of ss but immidiate HP on EQ and declibed to boot. Bummer

Message 31 of 46
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Worked fine for me last week. I was approved for $4000 with Overstock with no HP.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

What mastercard did you get with SCT? Also how do you apply for major card if you have to put items in a cart to do the trick? I just got approved for wa yfair 500 cl and overstock 400 cl. I tried ULTA and nothing popped up.
Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

DodgerinOhio what did you apply to for the MasterCard? I thought the SCT is done at checkout.
Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful with the sct when you do get them. You don't want that many of their horrible cards anyways. There's maybe imo only 5or 6 that are any good. You will hurt your average age if you take them. So you're saving a HP but hurting in another area. I closed most of my sct cards only have overstock and Sportsman's guide left.

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a mortgage on a home through the SCT with a 579 credit score.

Had to apply for 37 loans and each was 40% APR.

Got my pleather couch from Aaron's Rent-To-Own. So what if it had a few roaches in it.

The $110,000 home will end up costing me 7,450,000 after 30 years.

Aaron's also hooked me up with a HP 12" laptop for $99 a month for 72 months.

I was approved.  It felt so good.

Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I am really confused!!! How did you get a home loan through the SCT?????  What about W2 and paystubs???

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

He was being sarcastic...none of it is true.

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok I am really confused!!! How did you get a home loan through the SCT?????  What about W2 and paystubs???

It's a joke. The 12" laptop at a total of $7,128 including interest was the giveaway; if you're paying more than $200 for one of those little things new, you're being bamboozled. (Actually, I don't believe that even a cheap Chromebook these days has a screen smaller than 14".)

Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to be a credit analyst at US Bank and we subscribed to a database where we could type in only your name and date of birth and get your credit report or social security number.  Or your last name and address and pull reports and socials for anyone that lived there.  

That's probably how Wayfair was able to do a hard pull.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.