Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I App ??

Two months ago I apped and was approved for an AMEX blue card initial CL is 10k. This past week I apped and was approved for a CSP initial CL 12k. I Also have an Expedia CITI card that I have had since 2007, and a discover and an AMEX PRG card since 2011. One year ago today I bought a new suburban. Today via email I get an offer for the Marriott premier rewards credit credit card. Spend $1000 in the first three months get 50k bonus points is the incentive for applying. My question is should I App for it ? I use my AMEX card for every purchase and PIF every month. I carry a 0 balance on all of my other cards. My FICO is around 700 I believe. With the CSP and AMEX apps in the last two months will apping for the Marriott card affect my score too much ? I want to purchase a house within the next two years so I'm trying to build my profile. Should I app for the Marriott visa ? The 50k bonus points is pretty awesome. Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I App ??

@Anonymous wrote:
Two months ago I apped and was approved for an AMEX blue card initial CL is 10k. This past week I apped and was approved for a CSP initial CL 12k. I Also have an Expedia CITI card that I have had since 2007, and a discover and an AMEX PRG card since 2011. One year ago today I bought a new suburban. Today via email I get an offer for the Marriott premier rewards credit credit card. Spend $1000 in the first three months get 50k bonus points is the incentive for applying. My question is should I App for it ? I use my AMEX card for every purchase and PIF every month. I carry a 0 balance on all of my other cards. My FICO is around 700 I believe. With the CSP and AMEX apps in the last two months will apping for the Marriott card affect my score too much ? I want to purchase a house within the next two years so I'm trying to build my profile. Should I app for the Marriott visa ? The 50k bonus points is pretty awesome. Thanks!

Do it.

There was a link floating around for 70k points.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! The only link I could for 70K bonus points you have to spend 2K in three months. Is there one where you only have to spend 1K?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! The only link I could for 70K bonus points you have to spend 2K in three months. Is there one where you only have to spend 1K?

Search on flyertalk. B335i brought up the link one time but I forget which thread it was in.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go ahead and do it....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I think you're golden, by the time the 2 year marks arrives all the inquires would have fallen off anyhow unless you apply for something else in between.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I my opinion, you already have enough credit. Only apply for the card if you actually plan on using it
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The voice of reason, thank you! I have over 40k of credit between my five cards. I really don't need another card but the 50k bonus points would be nice
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The voice of reason, thank you! I have over 40k of credit between my five cards. I really don't need another card but the 50k bonus points would be nice

They'd be nice, but do you need them right now particularly?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.