Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Push the Luv Button

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Should I Push the Luv Button

This may not be the right area......if not mods please move.   I have 3 US Bank cards, Cash+Visa, Cash 365 Amex, and the Raddison Card.  Just got the Cash365 Amex a couple of mos ago and it has a luv button for a CLI, the other 2 cards do not.  Should I push the luv button or what, it has appeared from time to time on the other cards but disappears.  Any insight or experience is appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I Push the Luv Button

I too just got the cash plus amex from US Bank. 5k SL. They do have the button on mine as well. Card opened March 30th, hit button twice for 1500 each time, both declined. My TU score on approval was 724, 8 inq and 3 paid charge offs. Charge offs are now gone,, score went up to 765. I called CSR was told they are still using my original score they pulled when account opened. She said to wait at least 6mos.

From what I have read hitting the button for $1500 or less is a TU SP and no need to wait 6 mos.

As of the 19th of this month 4 inq will be 1 year, leaving 1 just over 6 mos and 3 under 6 mos hoping to go up on FICO closer to 800, not sure when they update internal scores, but on the 20th I'm hitting that button again.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 2 of 10
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@rprisco wrote:
I too just got the cash plus amex from US Bank. 5k SL. They do have the button on mine as well. Card opened March 30th, hit button twice for 1500 each time, both declined. My TU score on approval was 724, 8 inq and 3 paid charge offs. Charge offs are now gone,, score went up to 765. I called CSR was told they are still using my original score they pulled when account opened. She said to wait at least 6mos.

From what I have read hitting the button for $1500 or less is a TU SP and no need to wait 6 mos.

As of the 19th of this month 4 inq will be 1 year, leaving 1 just over 6 mos and 3 under 6 mos hoping to go up on FICO closer to 800, not sure when they update internal scores, but on the 20th I'm hitting that button again.

Did they do SP when you hit the button?

Message 3 of 10
rprisco
Regular Contributor

No they used the same report/score from initial approval. CSR said new scores not updated yet for me, CSR suggested I wait 6 mos.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 4 of 10
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Hit the luv button and got the 10day message; thought it would be instant decision

Message 5 of 10
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I don't think its instant. Keep an eye on the account, not sure credit folks work on weekend, I believe most cli are manually reviewed.
Message 6 of 10
imaximous
Valued Contributor

where are you guys seeing the luv button? I've had my two USB cards for 4 months now, and I don't see it anywhere.

Message 7 of 10
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

where are you guys seeing the luv button? I've had my two USB cards for 4 months now, and I don't see it anywhere.

The luv buttons tend to come and go on my accounts.........I was surprised to see it on this relatively new card.   I don't know if seeing the luv button means anything.

Message 8 of 10
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

The luv buttons tend to come and go on my accounts.........I was surprised to see it on this relatively new card.   I don't know if seeing the luv button means anything.

Where on the site does it show, though? Right on the main page where they list your accounts or somewhere else?

Message 9 of 10
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Where on the site does it show, though? Right on the main page where they list your accounts or somewhere else?

It is on the main page where your accounts are listed.  There is a box on the left with the heading, "I'd Like to...", available options are listed in the box..............like I said the luv button tends to come and go on my accounts.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.