DR527
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I app for Navy Federal?

God Bless Navy FederalGod Bless Navy Federal

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair, I have always had an excellent relationship with them with the exception of the two nearly maxed cards. While I’ve done other lenders wrong, ive been loyal to Navy. When other accounts had to be let go to collections, I paid my accounts with navy federal. I have both of my auto loans with them, I keep my savings with them, and they were the ones I turned to first for a secured product when I started my rebuild. I explained that to them.

I also explained the reason my credit went to crap. We had a serious family emergency and no savings so we were reliant on our credit to sustain our family. I established a savings before starting my rebuild and I’ve proven to be a responsible borrower over the past 2 years. I can understand why they wouldn’t give most people in my situation this opportunity, but I did give them a pretty thorough run down of the situation.
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must have some very high income to be able to get that high of a limit when they took into account your other debts including the ones with them. It’s the only logical reason for them dishing out such a large limit.

Navy is known to give you enough rope to hang yourself with so the limit itself doesn’t surprise me even with the score, what does surprise me is that they did this when there are accounts in slashed interest repayment. It’s impressive regardless.
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, I would like to say I am very interested in seeing the recon message. I have rode a rollercoaster of good bad good bad in the past 25 years. Filed chp 7bankruptcy in 10/12 and discharged 1/13. Good credit for 2 yrs afterwards. I have a repo car lease that should have been for rest of lease $8k but b-m-w charged off full amount and fee 38k. I went into depression due to multiple deaths and also became victim fraud accounts ( 2 yrs since delinq reported ..cap1 to the tune of $14k and synch bank $9k. These a reporting closed charges with balances and collections with midlnd with same balance ) during this time to complicate (someone in my building because my address was used- fraud mention above) . I recently attempted to rebuild and established car loan(1yr), card within the past 4 month- Fingerhut ($600), milestone ($300) and an installment loan for 1000($600 balance). I also have 2 student loan balances totaling under 3k (15yr) . I have grown that credit and have NFCU checking , savings, money market, pledge loan ($100 left to pay off), a secured card $500 (opened 5/1 had 375 balance now 100) and was declined a cash reward a week ago. I am ever so grateful for the NFCU secured card however I would glad to get foot in door with NFCU unsecured even if just $500-1000 SL. My scores are 550TU 551EQ 573EX I would like to recon but looking for guidance on that by maybe using some of your recon verbiage as well as how to clean things up and build more. What I can do to raise scores and/or eliminate some the baddies. If theres a credit repair company can work miracle with elimination and trade lines,etc.
Message 24 of 34
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
First, I would like to say I am very interested in seeing the recon message. I have rode a rollercoaster of good bad good bad in the past 25 years. Filed chp 7bankruptcy in 10/12 and discharged 1/13. Good credit for 2 yrs afterwards. I have a repo car lease that should have been for rest of lease $8k but b-m-w charged off full amount and fee 38k. I went into depression due to multiple deaths and also became victim fraud accounts ( 2 yrs since delinq reported ..cap1 to the tune of $14k and synch bank $9k. These a reporting closed charges with balances and collections with midlnd with same balance ) during this time to complicate (someone in my building because my address was used- fraud mention above) . I recently attempted to rebuild and established car loan(1yr), card within the past 4 month- Fingerhut ($600), milestone ($300) and an installment loan for 1000($600 balance). I also have 2 student loan balances totaling under 3k (15yr) . I have grown that credit and have NFCU checking , savings, money market, pledge loan ($100 left to pay off), a secured card $500 (opened 5/1 had 375 balance now 100) and was declined a cash reward a week ago. I am ever so grateful for the NFCU secured card however I would glad to get foot in door with NFCU unsecured even if just $500-1000 SL. My scores are 550TU 551EQ 573EX I would like to recon but looking for guidance on that by maybe using some of your recon verbiage as well as how to clean things up and build more. What I can do to raise scores and/or eliminate some the baddies. If theres a credit repair company can work miracle with elimination and trade lines,etc.

Honestly, the truth works best. Just tell your story of what caused the problems, what you have done and are doinig to prevent it from happening again, and have a plan prepared for how you'll handle your expenses in the future. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired thanks for taking the time to give me feedback. I may not recon for fear of another denial. I kinda feel like, they let me in with the secured card and maybe they will take it back... jk ☺️ Any guidance you can offer on rebuild, angles to take, credit repair companies that clean up and add trade lines or anything at all is appreciated ( I tried to dispute cap1 to no avail. I don’t know the proper way and can’t handle the tedious work or stress without a play by play)
Message 26 of 34
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@CreditInspired thanks for taking the time to give me feedback. I may not recon for fear of another denial. I kinda feel like, they let me in with the secured card and maybe they will take it back... jk ☺️ Any guidance you can offer on rebuild, angles to take, credit repair companies that clean up and add trade lines or anything at all is appreciated ( I tried to dispute cap1 to no avail. I don’t know the proper way and can’t handle the tedious work or stress without a play by play)

You're welcome cassie.

I definitely say don't waste money on credit repair companies. They can't do any more than you can do for yourself. I think you should create your own post in the Rebuild forum for more visibility and answers. Also, there is a ton of very helpful and informative information.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump on the rebuild thread here in the forums, list all your accts, age of accts, derogs, util, collections, who the collections are with, etc. then let all the wonderful ppl here help you attack everything and at that point you will def have more of a play by play that your looking for.  Good Luck  

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Will do! Do I search by putting rebuild thread or is there a particular link?
Message 29 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.