cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply? WF Propel

Highlighted
Established Member

Should I apply? WF Propel

Hello everyone! I am currently 21 years old and have 4 credit cards (Chase FU, Citi TP, Disco, Amex CM). Disco is oldest card at 1yr 1mo, Citi and chase have an age of 3 mo, the Amex card has an age of 1mo. I keep 0% util on all accounts and have no baddies, 7 inquiries in past 12 months with latest being 9/18. FICO 8: 701 EQ:692 TU:692 should I apply now? Really want this card.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Should I apply? WF Propel

Also as a college student my income is 15k.
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'd say you need to work on your AAoA, age those cards first.  Can't really speak for WF, but if you were to apply for Uber Visa, it'll get denied.  I'm also a student with the same income as yours.

Credit Cards

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Loans

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Future CCs
Discover It, Chase Freedom, BB Americas Platinum Plus
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I haven't been too impressed with the Propel card (it looks nice) so far. I'd save your HP for something else (you have pleanty of time to narrow your selection down) but, that's just my opinion. If the Propel Card didn't have the $0 anual fee and waiting for my 30k points I think it would be on the chopping block. I no longer need it for the specific spend catagories it has. I also had a fulty chip on the card, so every now and then I get declined messages at retailers. At least Wells Fargo is giving me another 5k Points for my troubles.

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
New Contributor

WF Propel is nice for the wide number of  categories for a no annual fee card.  Loses to my Barclays Uber and Grandfathered Capital One Savor for dining though.   Just be mindful of "recent accounts" WF auto-denied me for too many new accounts.  Also, WF is also known to be a relationship bank so they may factor in other banking products you have with them.  Personally, I'm gonna open a bank account with them with a checking bonus and try to apply for the Propel again after waiting a bit.

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Established Member

How many new accounts did you open prior and what time frame?
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
New Contributor

WF pulled Experian so they could see my half hidden Blispay tradeline. At the same time however, they couldn't see my MoneyLion installment loan (might've helped in Credit mix). I always paid in full every month except for Blispay, to take advantage of a slight opportunity gain by delayed payments for 6 months with no interest if paid off in 6 months.

Stats:
Accounts opened:
5/12
7/24

Experian Fico: Somewhere between 740-755 at the time

Inquiries: 6 at the time

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I would wait. Let your newest accounts age . WF can be picky.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I would wait on applying for WF. They seem to be one of the risk-averse and inq-averse lenders. Also, your AAoA is a bit short so that may be a concern too. I would recommend working on your current crop of cards for now.

Scores - All bureaus 756 +
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.